Toribash
Original Post
non competitive permanent ranks
bring back a part of the old rank system,allows the players
to know how they compare against other players,but in the mods
they care about.

they can be elo based like the current system,but they will not reset each month and they will not add to your competitive rank.

I believe it will help boost the ingame activity,and it will encourage
players to try more mods.

edit: the current system disregards any player that don't like the current ranked mods,so im just
saying add ranks to all mods,keep them outside of the global rank count,but allow us to have fun.
Last edited by nikosefs; Sep 8, 2016 at 11:57 AM.
The new ranking system is pretty pointless, no one wants to be the number 1 player of the month, they want to be the number 1 player in all time, I guess... Would really like to see both, or even just a better ranking system in general...
What I think would be really cool to see is a tori_stats.php page... have actual graphs and options, so say a graph for the top 10 players of all-time/year/month/week. Just a list or something of the top ranked players would do.

That way the ES can set up some neato events that actually take into account player rankings, even just a simple reward system. That would give players the intensive to rank up, and be competitive about keeping the rank. In all resulting in a hopefully not shitty and meaningless ranking system.

This would be more Site developer orientated, maybe some small stuff would have to go on client side to gather data for the graphs, I doubt much would have to change in that regard though.
>.>
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
also i think that at least some of the old system is still there,
the ranks that the usercard shows is the belt rank and there are
2 reasons that i believe that:

first reason is the json format of tori stats:
http://forum.toribash.com/tori_stats...fs&format=json
{"username":"nikosefs","userid":"72011","qi":25387 ,"joindate":"1210400220","lastactivity":"147540168 5","lastingame":"1474479852","posts":"2642","achie v_progress":"19","belt":"Custom Belt","beltrank":"211","belttitle":"Drunken Master Belt","clanname":"Jolly Roger","clantag":"JollyR","elo":"1678.395","winrat io":"54.429","tc":"63049","room":null}

and second reason is i remember that this was my last rank before the
new system.
I'm bumping again to do not let this idea die. The new rank system is pointless, you can get a rank <10 beating just a few people, the old one made you work hard to get there
Pois nasci nunca vi amor
E ouço del sempre falar
one conversation with skulfuk,i asked to post his reply here,
and i was asked to add on it,

Originally Posted by SkulFuk

For ranks there's an ideal situation:

Compo rank (which we have currently)
Compo mod rank (which we also have)

^ Those need split in 2

The top 50 (which are the guys that can do all the compo stuff in the first place) gets put as something espurtsish like "pro tier" or some wank that'll tickle their tiny epeens.
And have 51+ separate so even if you aren't in the top 50, you can see where you are compared to other players.

Compo ranks only apply to the mods running that season, all other mods are casual for that season

Casual rank (sorta like the old system but it'd need kept separate from compo since it excludes the season mods)
Casual mod rank (apply the same)

With that people not playing in the seas mods will still get ranked like they used to, and if they do play those mods they'll get their mod rank + will be able to see how they're doing.

Ranks are kinda in a weird place ATM, that flux of being new + have had their initial tweaks that were requested by users.

personally i don't have something to add,i would be pretty happy
with such a system,but if anyone else has something to say,please do.
I've elevated it but don't get your hopes up. I feel like this is a pretty big suggestion and while it was possible before the fact that the ranked system took priority might mean it's difficult to re-implement. That said, there's no official word on it yet - I'll keep you posted.
collect snots from the nose
Once I've got a solid idea of what would work without disrupting the current system I'll get pen to paper and we'll see what happens, but it will need to be a solid plan first before it can really be given a push; certainly more solid than the basic thoughts I already have towards it.

In general the best route for this is to not touch the existing system at all as I already stated, but coexistence can be a tough thing to get right & realistically we need to get it right first time. For that reason don't expect anything fast in regards to this.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I have a little suggestion/edit to his idea. I think that certain servers should have the normal ranking system with a bunch of different mods (Like in Tourney13) and make it the global rank with mod ranks and such. But servers that people create and the public servers (Including the French and Brazilian servers) would have the old ranking system.
Again just a suggestion.
Oh shit it's some profound text.