ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
There's too many tourneys
Which means people are spread out and many tourneys don't start or nobody gets prize because of ragequitters. What I suggest is reducing tourneys amount by maybe 40% or something like that, so people who wanna play tourneys join same tourney rooms and fill them.

It would be especially useful in hours like this when only ~200 players are playing.

Thx for reading, your opinions?
First, I think this thread should be moved to Suggestions & Ideas.
Second, with toribash coming out on steam, the players will increase and this problem will balance out.
According to the charts, with the increased number of tourney servers, the total number of tourneys that take place is 4 times what it used to be.
Moved to Suggestions.

Also, it's worth noting that less automated tournaments mean less mods mean less attraction to multiplayer, on a general scale.
I see, but here's a real situation. I won 2 1k greykido tourneys in a row and got nothing, because there was not enough games played. That, of course, is because like 40% of players ragequit if they're about to lose.
There are like 3 or 4 too many tourneys but this is what the community wanted. More tournuments. Also, about rage quiting. Unless they have removed this, if a player is too rage quit or lag during a final match, their opponent is given a win as the game thinks that player raged, giving them an elo and awarding a victory to their opponent. This also happens during the whole tournament, even in non final matches. I do not know if this has been removed but if people a rage quiting, this pretty much solved it.

I guess a few tourneys could be removed because there are like 3 or 4 tournument servers which hardly ever get players.

For removing 3-4 tourneys, Supported. Anymore, Nope.
blue
pink
Jsnuff, do you remember when Hampa had to take the tourneys away because of farming problems? Do you remember how much complaining took place. I think removing any tourneys would be a terrible idea.
Originally Posted by firebolty View Post
Moved to Suggestions.

Also, it's worth noting that less automated tournaments mean less mods mean less attraction to multiplayer, on a general scale.

Now I am not sure how the server side recognises the servers, but would it not be possible to have a mod "schedule" or simply have servers rotate mods and settings as one has been finished?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
There are like 3 or 4 too many tourneys but this is what the community wanted. More tournuments. Also, about rage quiting. Unless they have removed this, if a player is too rage quit or lag during a final match, their opponent is given a win as the game thinks that player raged, giving them an elo and awarding a victory to their opponent. This also happens during the whole tournament, even in non final matches. I do not know if this has been removed but if people a rage quiting, this pretty much solved it.

I guess a few tourneys could be removed because there are like 3 or 4 tournument servers which hardly ever get players.

For removing 3-4 tourneys, Supported. Anymore, Nope.

Removing 3-4 would be about right, I think about the same.

What u said is no longer true. If he force pings himself or quits (unless in finals), I get to play the next one guy. Then next guy ragequits (a lot of people preying in tourneys are ragequitters) and it's annoying and hard to fight more or way more games than supposed to to win.

For example, if it's 3 people left and I'm playing... if guy ragepings when losing, I got to fight next one... then the first guy rejoins and I have to fight him again #reality

I think it would be best if either you advanced in tourney when rageping or better yet pingers, who pinged while fighting would not be allowed to enter again and play same tourney.

Originally Posted by togo View Post
Jsnuff, do you remember when Hampa had to take the tourneys away because of farming problems? Do you remember how much complaining took place. I think removing any tourneys would be a terrible idea.

I dunno how is this correlated? I think they removed the tourney glitch which let poxpox farm-in 200k back in the day.

Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
Now I am not sure how the server side recognises the servers, but would it not be possible to have a mod "schedule" or simply have servers rotate mods and settings as one has been finished?

Yeah that would be fun. Or simply put 750tc prizes on exotic mods so people don't stay greykido and abd all the time.

;v
It seems like what you are looking for is anti-quitting mechanisms in automated tournaments, not less automated tournaments.

Given what Fish said, having more automated tournaments has been a success, discrediting your idea that less tournaments are going on. Your problem is that you're not receiving the prize.

So provide a possible solution to that problem.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!