Toribash
Original Post
"No Multiclienting"
Me and my brother live in the same house, we have our separate steam accounts and we both like to play Toribash. I'd like to play against him, but apparently you guys had to install some retarded anti-multiclienting feature into TB 4.8.
Obvious question, how do I circumvent this? Is this going to get fixed?
It was a feature added in to prevent 'farming' of QI and TC. Currently I do not think there is a way around it unless you use a proxy (that is if it does not work in the private / custom servers)
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
I believe it's intentional, you're able to play in private servers but not in public ones to prevent farming. It's the few that ruin it for the many, I'm afraid. There's always a possibility this is changed in the future, but for now this is how it is I believe.
collect snots from the nose
I think separate Steam accounts should be taken into account while the game performs this check.
Regardless, it is a protocol that checks user IP's, not account ID's and has been included for a while (before Steam). Which is generally why people cannot multiclient successfully anymore.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
That's planned to be changed in the future update of the Steam version.
Anyway, multiclienting thing wasn't added in 4.8, this version just started showing that someone is doing that.
Well I really hope this changes then, considering my sibling and I downloaded it through Steam in the hopes that it'd recognize we're not farming. Shouldn't be an issue when I move, but until then, I guess we aren't gonna play on the official servers together. :/
boaf's wub. :3
http://thescoundrels.net
Yeah I had some friends staying overnight last week and we wanted to play some toribash. Needless to say it didn't work out in the end.
Hi,

I am experiencing this same issue. This still happens in a private server. Is there still no fix for this?Has this now been expanded to private servers on top of public servers? That is very disappointing. Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm currently searching for a more user-friendly fix for this (as opposed to using software to temporarily change your IP address).
http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks.php?r=104052
^^^ Game/Animated Movie Soundtrack Database
multiclanning is still happening check out the apex clan explains it all
I suck at this game in case you were wondering