Ranking
Original Post
A pain meter or something similiar
I always disliked grabs becuase they were so hard to get rid of. An opponent that got a good grab has insane control and when you are in that position there is not too much you can do (atleast from my experience)
Due to this I suggest a pain meter. Somewhere above your tori you have a meter that gets filled up each time your tori takes severe damage. When your meter is filled up your tori will slightly stagger, letting go of both grabs and maybe relaxing some other part of the body. Blows to the head would make the meter fill up the fastest. Hits to the lumbar / abs will also do a lot of damage since the liver and ribs are located there (I think, was never good in biology xD)
Not only do I believe this makes the game more interesting but it also makes one of my favorite things to do more viable, punching. A strong punch to the head could probably fill up the meter instantly making a previously unseen strategy be more viable (atleast in aikido)
Anyways let me know what you guys think of this idea, this meter does not have to be universal, maybe just for a few mods?
Goats are like mushrooms, if you shoot a duck, I'm afraid of toasters.
This is a fairly good suggestion, but I don't see it being used in competitive play/mods.

Although it would be great in events.

Supported.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.
Isn't this basically the points system? And Toribash runs on frames how would the meter give any accurate readings? like I'm pretty sure ghosting makes this impossible to be accurate
Last edited by Pimp; Oct 13, 2015 at 03:50 PM.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
Isn't this basically the points system? And Toribash runs on frames how would the meter give any accurate readings? like I'm pretty sure ghosting makes this impossible to be accurate

It doesn't need to be accurate.

As long as this isn't used in any competitive mods/servers, it's all good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.
Isn't this basically the points system?

Well it is indeed similiar but hopefully this gives more incentive to use punches and other types of moves not seen before.

And Toribash runs on frames how would the meter give any accurate readings? like I'm pretty sure ghosting makes this impossible to be accurate

Yeah I actually have no idea how this works and this indeed might make it impossible to use this pain meter but I would not have known unless I asked
Goats are like mushrooms, if you shoot a duck, I'm afraid of toasters.
Well what I ment by ghosting is that if you hard enough the thing you're hitting with will go inside of uke lets say a foot something your foot literally teleports into uke next frame the joint it was in usually breaks so lets say it there was a pain meter if it only takes one frame for it to break with out it touching what pain is there to measure?
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Well what I ment by ghosting is that if you hard enough the thing you're hitting with will go inside of uke lets say a foot something your foot literally teleports into uke next frame the joint it was in usually breaks so lets say it there was a pain meter if it only takes one frame for it to break with out it touching what pain is there to measure?

In that case, the pain would be measured by the breaking itself. Good chance that a dm would fill the pain meter, anyway.

This goes to show that this kind of meter would probably not be on mods like mushu or judo, but moreso aikido, stabjutsu/similar mods, where there's either a high dm threshold or difficulty to score dms. I'd support dis.