Ranking
Original Post
A stellar replay thread because my clan doesn't look
Hello and hello

I spent a lot of time hosting tournaments but I never really got into replay making when I was in my TB prime. That's going to change today. I'm really bad but I would like to think I'm making strides. Please tell me what you think I can do to improve. Also if you like them feel free to say "nice man" okay that's all thank you for your time. Here are some replays
Attached Files
How do you dance.rpl (252.3 KB, 17 views)
Street Rat.rpl (223.0 KB, 22 views)
How do you dance: The setup is weird, and the grab is bare awkward cos you bring it into your chest too early so your arm sits close to your chest for ages before the hit. The actual hit is really nice. Feels like a solid hit and the follow through is good. You retract your arm just after it which feels reductive but not in any major way. 2nd hit is too wishy washy, if you're making the effort to make the grab it needs to mean something, with a boom or something instead of a weird ungrab thing. everything after that is fine. V solid replay for not having done a replay in time, the hardest bit, the actual boom, you did really well. Also clearly a tk player.

Street Rap: Street rat is dope, I don't have as much to say about it cos it's a proper old school mad man, which bypasses all sense and logic to automatically be 10/10. Skeet is fun. overall the replay reminds me of squiziph, in terms of flow and movement, which can only be a good thing. Opener is somewhat bland though, it's a recognisable aikido opener with a grab. If you went into the main bulk of hits some other way it'd be better, but it's still a good replay and I enjoyed watching it.

keep it up is good yes
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
I like street rap a lot more than how do you dance but the first boom kick in the latter could be much cooler with some tweaks, but these are pretty neat overall
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
How do you dance: The setup is weird, and the grab is bare awkward cos you bring it into your chest too early so your arm sits close to your chest for ages before the hit. The actual hit is really nice. Feels like a solid hit and the follow through is good. You retract your arm just after it which feels reductive but not in any major way. 2nd hit is too wishy washy, if you're making the effort to make the grab it needs to mean something, with a boom or something instead of a weird ungrab thing. everything after that is fine. V solid replay for not having done a replay in time, the hardest bit, the actual boom, you did really well. Also clearly a tk player.

Street Rap: Street rat is dope, I don't have as much to say about it cos it's a proper old school mad man, which bypasses all sense and logic to automatically be 10/10. Skeet is fun. overall the replay reminds me of squiziph, in terms of flow and movement, which can only be a good thing. Opener is somewhat bland though, it's a recognisable aikido opener with a grab. If you went into the main bulk of hits some other way it'd be better, but it's still a good replay and I enjoyed watching it.

keep it up is good yes

How do you dance, yeah I could totally see what you brought up. This was my first attempt at making a replay with a different gravity and engage distance than I have before. I'll try using grabs for more eventful things. I like how you can see that I'm a tk player lmao

Street Rat: I honestly think madmans are the only things I do somewhat decently because violence is easy I guess. To be brutally honest I was actually trying to make that replay a lot different. I was going to pick up his leg, dm at his knee, and use his leg as a baseball bat for his breast. (Oh my lord you don't want to know how long I sat there trying to make it work.)

Thank you for your input Dan

Originally Posted by DaNewNinja View Post
nice man you have a talent for murder, just gotta look snazzy, wanna collab?

Thank you man I would be down to collab, I'm always looking for new ways to look snazzy but I'm not going to lie; I have like no idea to collab so you're gonna have to show me lol

Originally Posted by sprytryne View Post
I like street rap a lot more than how do you dance but the first boom kick in the latter could be much cooler with some tweaks, but these are pretty neat overall

Numbers was telling me that I should spend some time and turn that first kick into a boom but I got too impatient and wanted to see what ya'll thought about these first attempts at a replay. I'll probably spend some time working on street rat to make it better, but thank you for your input!
I actually like how these look, especially street rat. The destruction looks real nice. From here I'd just say play with some new concepts and ideas, go in with a cool plan of what you want to do rather than just doing the dm thingy. That being said, you do the dm thingy well.

Also I'd say that the movement and pacing in How do you dance looks far less thoughtful and pleasing, I think it's just the inconsistency and how underwhelming a lot of it is, especially when you compare it to the other one.
Glimpsed
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
I actually like how these look, especially street rat. The destruction looks real nice. From here I'd just say play with some new concepts and ideas, go in with a cool plan of what you want to do rather than just doing the dm thingy. That being said, you do the dm thingy well.

Also I'd say that the movement and pacing in How do you dance looks far less thoughtful and pleasing, I think it's just the inconsistency and how underwhelming a lot of it is, especially when you compare it to the other one.

Yeah for How do you dance i was more or less seeing what I can do and all that jazz but I totally see where you're coming from. Thank for you enjoying my destruction I'm glad you like what you see. Here's a new one I just made in about 30 minutes, definitely needs some work but I like the concept of it. I'm trying to get a doom on his abs and glutes but I think with a little work it'll come along.
Attached Files
leggang 2k20.rpl (218.6 KB, 10 views)
Originally Posted by Kmyn View Post
Yeah for How do you dance i was more or less seeing what I can do and all that jazz but I totally see where you're coming from. Thank for you enjoying my destruction I'm glad you like what you see. Here's a new one I just made in about 30 minutes, definitely needs some work but I like the concept of it. I'm trying to get a doom on his abs and glutes but I think with a little work it'll come along.

First!

I miss the old style this reminds me of where you just bash the hell out of Uke and make sport of it, I'm glad you're having fun with replays again and hope to see a lot more!!

I challenge you to make a replay with no arms and start behind and to the left of Uke #LegGang

THE WORM LIVES!
LegGang
Originally Posted by nasa View Post
nice man.

Thank you very much for your input, which replay did you like?