Ranking
Original Post
Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,

Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.

Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
Last edited by duck; Jul 22, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
h
Because, as I said before, it's player count that matters, not how many games are played in the end. We want 15 people to be playing the game, not 5.

I'll disregard that I had to explain elementary math to you for the past 2 hours for no reason, to repeat another point of mine.

We have been getting them. Since the announcement the number of active clans has been rising.
Originally Posted by duck View Post

We have been getting them. Since the announcement the number of active clans has been rising.

That's because you are forcing something the community doesn't want to do and this whole thread is proof of that.
Hello all school maths experts, here's how the ingame activity measured:

We look at each clan member's activity. If they played 5+ games over a month, we mark them as active. Otherwise, inactive.
Then we look what's the percentage of active members among all clan members. If it's 50% or more (or there's 25+ active members), clan receives max points for ingame activity. Otherwise, we multiply that percentage by 0.9.
Total number of games played by all clan members does not matter. A 50-member clan can have 10k games played within a month total and still be marked as inactive if it was just 4 members playing non-stop.

php code if you still don't understand

Blackmailing players to increase player count.

For the third time I am going to mention the necessity for an increase in clan events to promote activity in clans rather than blatant blackmail, usually works better for getting the game behind you.
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
Originally Posted by Tripstone View Post
That's because you are forcing something the community doesn't want to do and this whole thread is proof of that.

They can force them for some time. However, soon or later they'll just quit and then staff will know what everyone was talking about.

Originally Posted by Bless View Post
Blackmailing players to increase player count.

For the third time I am going to mention the necessity for an increase in clan events to promote activity in clans rather than blatant blackmail, usually works better for getting the game behind you.

Indeed, people are more active in summer not just because it's "summer". Its also 100% because of CL. More such events should happen.
Last edited by Fire; Jul 20, 2018 at 10:04 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I wanted to address the outrage as a whole, to have a clear statement about it.

In the end, I understand a chunk of the hate this change is getting. The old checks, while still existent and more brutal in consequences (getting your toriclan deleted), were much easier to pass.
We wanted to change that because those checks really should be there to ensure that the official clans we have, the ones that set a standard for others to come, are actually up to a standard.
We debated on the criteria and came up with what we see as still passable, yet more strict than what we had before.

Nevertheless, the older, more lenient checks were the norm for the community. We realized this change was going to be met with backlash from you, the community.
Our idea to lessen the impact was to introduce the 2 month grace period, as to not give a left hook to all the clans we currently have and remove them from sight, and the 3 strike system as opposed to the previous 2 strike one.
Not only that, but we changed the consequences to where your toriclan would not be deleted, but rather just brung back to unofficial. We weren't looking to kill clans for fun, we'd much rather see these clans passing our checks than having to remove them afterall.
(Personally would like to apologize for the clan butcher set, it was constructed as a joke among the staff, but came off as tasteless to the community, which definitely didn't help the reaction that came afterwards. I removed it after I got a talking to about it from the community, so once again, I apologize)

Even with that though, the backlash here has been huge. And as I said at the start, I understand it. Getting rid of old official clan's status that were loved is going to be a harsh pill to swallow for people.
I can see why there is an outrage. Due to the previous, way more lenient checks, this change, with it's initial number of only 11 clans passing seems destructive. I can understand, the clan staff understands. But, in the end, we see it as a necessary evil.
Official clans should be held up to a certain standard, and if that holding up comes with making clans who don't particularly practice their official status, unofficial, then we see that as a step that needs to be taken.

I can only hope that you take away from this post that we acknowledge your feelings, but also understand why this change was something we decided to push out.