Toribash
As long as the servers still get paid the game will never die. However we will.
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
This year it had much less of a resurgence over the summer as prior years. I predict it'll get much more stagnated when people go back to school at the end of summer.

As with any online community with an ageing population.

The forums still being fucked doesn't help at all.
The forums are pretty terrible ngl. So many people don't even know how to use it or that they can use it

It should be built into the game somehow
What exactly would the forums being built into the game achieve? Sounds like a pretty terrible idea to me.

The issue with the forum is that it's old and poorly maintained, there's a lot of things that just don't work since they're outdated.
The post timeout is currently the greatest inconvenience.

TBN Should go to a better BBS that's actually had development put into it within the current decade, vBulletin Version 3.8.2 has only received minor updates and few security patches.
Discourse being the best contender in my point of view.

But then again the world wasn't the same in 2012 as it is now, no one has free time to invest heavily into a game that no one truly cares about.

We all grow up.
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
What exactly would the forums being built into the game achieve? Sounds like a pretty terrible idea to me.

The issue with the forum is that it's old and poorly maintained, there's a lot of things that just don't work since they're outdated.
The post timeout is currently the greatest inconvenience.

TBN Should go to a better BBS that's actually had development put into it within the current decade, vBulletin Version 3.8.2 has only received minor updates and few security patches.
Discourse being the best contender in my point of view.

But then again the world wasn't the same in 2012 as it is now, no one has free time to invest heavily into a game that no one truly cares about.

We all grow up.

It would make account editing more convenient and it would put the forums closer to the actual game. It would raise awareness for the forums existence it would be a good way to add a place to easily share your replays mods etc.

Many people don't even know what the forums are. Very many people (me included) didn't know the forums were a thing till they get recruited into a clan where they have to accept the invite on the forums.

The forums def need a lot of redisigning and editing, but adding a direct connection from forums to game is what's necessary to grow the forums population