Ranking
It seems like a nice idea, and I'm sorry I couldn't partake in the uke love event, I was caught up in final projects as well as exams.

But styles seems very vague, which would mean that we would have to pick people with very distinct styles because "booms" could describe pretty much most of the replay makers in this org. The only people with really distinctive styles would probably be rutz, splinter, tengo, war_hero, and a couple others.

We could have them make a soccer replay because its world cup idk, but the problem is that it may be too hard for the new players to do.

And if anything, make the event when exams are done, so in like 2 weeks from now or something.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Not even, I'd run it in July. Lots of people go on vacation or take summer school during July, so it's pretty jam-packed. August is more that time where people have free time.

I would've partaken in the events, but no internet, exams finals shit like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
i just want sp events that are not full of stupid gimmicks and restrictions
everytime a new replay event comes out the hosts try to come up with something creative but it ends up being too specific and difficult for everyone to participate
something im surprised hasnt happened while i was around was some sort of challenge that requires you to dm specific joints. its an idea that i would like to see out there. it has somewhat big restrictions regarding the hits, but still allows you to execute the replay however you want. most events i see are "surpass this obstacle" and everyone ends up doing the most effective route, consequently dooming half the submissions to being the exact same thing
oh yeah
I don't understand why it just can't be simple.

Make madman/manip/decap/idgaf. End of story. No bullshit settings to put you out of your comfort zone. Smaller prizes, but the same event rules run every week with a different judge, basically making it the sp equivilant to gmtourneys.

Fancy shit gets exhausted too quickly. A return to just basic style, whatever your style is, never gets old. That's half the problem with sp events these days. Couple years back it was basically 3 big sp tourneys a year that got specific, like toriolympics, with maybe 1 a month that was simple idea with basic guidelines, like opener challenges. Everything else was just make something, just make it look good. And it worked because the difficult specific ones were worth the payout, but you would have fierce competition, while the frequent ones had a lower payout, but more new players participated because they were rarely entered by big names or veterans, and gave a sort of incubation to foster sp playing.

I could just be talking out of my ass from nostalgia, but I was honestly more hype for events because the difficulty for every sp event wasn't ridiculous from criteria, it was just break shit. As a perfectly horrible analogy to the art world, I feel like it's the moment when people looked at realism and went "why are we painting reality when I can paint a perfectly illogical flying unicorn?" or the surrealist movement, as I've adequately butchered the history behind it, of the sp world. Why can't it just be for good old fashioned violence? Again, could be talking out of my ass, but sp competitions of late feel elitist and constricting.

People who start sp feel compelled to start at realism and insane intricacy, as the only rewards for sp are for realism and insane intricacies. Don't get me wrong, it's cool and jaw-dropping, but I picked up this game to absolutely brutalize something, and I think it's pretty safe to assume it's the same for most people. Mp is popular because it's simple to start it, and quickly rewards you with very large bloodbaths and very easy tc. Sp rewards you with virtually nothing until you become a master. Some could argue that's good, and there are certainly merits to it, but it stifles newcomer interest, and rewards a select few of the community, almost the epitomy of elitism.

Anyways, that's my two cents in. /rant etc.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
We could start off with a very easy event such as try and recreate a pose in a picture of their choosing and screenshot it, sounds like it would be pretty fun and definitely not hard at all to do so no one would really feel frustrated, they would be able to concentrate more on the fun. If you know what I mean.

Like oracle says, keep them simple. Everyone hates those events where you have so many rules and guidelines to look after you are not even enjoying making the replay anymore. Stick with simple things like best decap, and maybe add more fun mod things like most baskets shot, recreate a movie scene, fun stuff like that.

Opener challenges were fun, but since they are the only real event worth doing (imho) as of now, they are beginning to get kinda dull.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/