Ranking
Original Post
Maxims.
Well, I kinda stole this idea from the Relaxall board, but oh well.

A Maxim is a phrase, usually only a sentence or two long, that is used to sum up a situation in general terms. One many internet familiar people might know is "Do not feed the trolls" as this answer can be applied to just about every situation involving someone getting their ass trolled off.

So, in this thread, post you favorite maxims. They can be on any topic, and can be any length, through the best ones are always short

I will start with two.

"The person who chases two rabbits, catches neither." An old Russian saying I found in a Dostoyevsky book.

"Stupidity is when a person is unable, or unwilling to acknowledge or admit their given ignorance." that one is all Deady baby

Now you go.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
A couple of my favourites (off the top of my head, so I can't credit them to anyone)

Failure is not an option

Nice guys finish last

You have to be first, best, or different

A billion here, a billion there - sooner or later it adds up to real money
'Never trust second thoughts. Next thing you know there'll be a third and a fourth.'
'I can't do anything about it, but I'd be happy to sympathize.'
'You've got to remember, you're not who you are. You're only what other people think of you.'
'Make enough money and everything else will follow.'
'There's no embarrassing way to earn money.'
Just a few that I could remember.

My favorite one is from an Aesop fable about a fox and a berry: "Small-minded people scorn what they can't have."

And mine "He who was the butt of the joke has no right to say "that wasn't funny."
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Everythings better when its stolen
Supermans X-ray vision, Americas #1 cause of breast cancer since 1982
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.
Ninety percent of the game is half mental.
Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.
the steeper the mountain the harder the climb the better the view from the finishing line.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
"the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"

" he who lies down with dogs rises with fleas"

"Why use an umbrella when your clothes are wet"

(i made this one up)
"he who goes to bed itchy arsehole rises with smelly finger"
Never trust a person wearing sunglasses.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
'Life's a journey, not a destination' - an aerosmith lyric, but i somehow doubt the drug addled steven tyler came up with it.

also deady - i don't get the sunglasses one. Or is it some kind of metaphor for people hiding their true personality?