ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
also deady - i don't get the sunglasses one. Or is it some kind of metaphor for people hiding their true personality?

Nope, it just means that if you can't look a person in the eye, don't trust them with anything important. It's kind of a rule I made for myself after years of encountering shifty/fake drug dealers and wanna be rock stars. Idk, to me people use them as something to hide behind more than something to shield their eyes....so actually yes your guess is pretty close, its just not a metaphor :P
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by Delaid View Post
"Look before you leap" and "He who hesitates is lost".

Kinda paradoxical dontcha think?
Last edited by Rutten; Jan 12, 2010 at 04:38 PM.

Not sure if these count, but I find them mildly entertaining.

"It's amazing how many unconventional people you meet at a convention."
"I used to mow grass at the cemetery but I quit because I was always afraid of getting buried in my work."
"Today I was going to jump off my house into a bucket of ice but I got cold feet."
Originally Posted by Sinistah View Post
Not sure if these count, but I find them mildly entertaining.

"It's amazing how many unconventional people you meet at a convention."
"I used to mow grass at the cemetery but I quit because I was always afraid of getting buried in my work."
"Today I was going to jump off my house into a bucket of ice but I got cold feet."

lol, no, there are corny bits of wordplay.
This is a Taoist maxim:

"No one can see their reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see."
Regarding women...Though most women I know would be pissed to hear this.

"A key that can open a large number of locks is called a master key. However, a lock that opens for any key is just a shitty lock." Anon.
hey randomguy8, my idea of the phrase dont live life srsly is better, just look at my signiture
WhY L1V3 L1F3 SrSlY. N0 0N3 M4K3S 1T 0UT 4L1V3 4NYW4Y. >.<
Originally Posted by apple View Post
It is better to be hated for what one is, than loved for what one is not.

nice