ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Bumping threads
I don't really see any bumping being done on this forum so I guess its not allowed. I just thought I could ask since I can't find it on any of the rule stickies.

to clarify:
If nobody has posted on a thread, and it has drifted to the second page, can I post a meaningless post saying something like "bump" just so the thread will be moved to the top of the list?
Originally Posted by Pindar View Post
I don't really see any bumping being done on this forum so I guess its not allowed. I just thought I could ask since I can't find it on any of the rule stickies.

to clarify:
If nobody has posted on a thread, and it has drifted to the second page, can I post a meaningless post saying something like "bump" just so the thread will be moved to the top of the list?

bumping is allowed. but only all 24hours. after the last post.
if urs is the last post u cant even post until the 24 hours are over.

so yes bumping is allowed. but only all 24hours.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
It depends.
Replay thread can be bumped if you post a new replay with the post.
A useless bump, that is to say a useless post, is not allowed.

However, for thread like old clan threads, bumping them is dumb and shouldn't be done unless there is some kind of revivial happening.
So to summarise, use your common sense.
If you feel it needs bumping, then go ahead, just don't be an idiot about it
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
The bump rules are different for different boards. You can do a legal bump in an off-topic thread to revive it (regardless of how old it is). You can't do a bump in market section in order to have your thread to be always on the top.

In short, read the rules of the board. Or if you still are not sure, pm a smod or a local moderator of that board and ask for further guidance.
As the others said, you can bump, but its different rules for each board.

Example: Art 'n Textures, you are only allowed to bump with a update.
Originally Posted by Lapsus
B) Bumping: For a bump to be valid it must follow all of these rules:
.....I) Do not respond to each and every post made just to bump the thread, this is spam.
.....II) Make sure the post has content, it can't just be 'bumped' or 'updated', update your items or prices significantly, and state exactly what was updated.
.....III) Do not delete-bump. (delete-bump: Deleting a previous post then posting again in order to have a more recent post.)
.....IV) Creating new threads in an attempt to bump your sales is not allowed, whether the thread is active or not.

M I N I V A N