Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Windows 10 native apps broken pls help
I got a Lenovo laptop about two months ago and Im about ready to pass away cause of what looks like a hilariously fierce microsoft fuck up, one day out of the blue 90% of the native apps like Calculator, Mail, Calendar, the default image viewer and others just completely broke for no reason, in the start menu they show up as iconless. Additionally, there are some apps missing, there are other native apps that appear with an icon but do not start, and there are mysterious entries at the bottom of the start menu, pics related.

p

The calendar, alarms, and candy crush games, all stuff that comes with the os, does not work, but any other app that I installed myself works. The msresource apps at the bottom do nothing when clicked.

Windows Store is also broken so I cant use it to redownload anything. The apps don't show up in the settings so I cannot remove them, all I get is a bunch of nameless apps with 0 bytes data usage, and the uninstall button does nothing, the reset option under advanced settings also does not work.

p

This is a massive problem for me because theres an incredibly annoying native app that does sound enhancement called Dolby Audio that I have to disable in order to work properly and I cant even find a trace of it on this computer despite it being active. I used Everything to search for its files and all I got was .dll and system32 files that I could do nothing with because purmissions lul. Theres plenty of threads in ms support forums about this problem since 2016 and all the responses are "try sfc bro" and anything beyond that theyre just sitting around sucking on their thumb and none of their solutions work for me.

I have tried to re register the apps with the powershell commands that are all over Microsoft support forums (got errors that indicate that paths are messed up, such as Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist. and other wacky fun stuff), I have tried microsofts retarded troubleshooters, I have tried searching for windows updates, I have tried wsreset.exe, I have tried to create a new user (didnt help, had the same problems)

The grand finale is that using the reset this pc tool and reinstalling windows does fuck all, native apps come broken out the box.

I really don't want to send it back for repairing as I need it for school right now.

Obligatory specs

p

So if anyone know whats happening please help me (but please no sfc/chkdsk/dism Microsoft wank I beg you...)
Last edited by pusga; Feb 22, 2019 at 01:44 PM.
oh yeah