Toribash
Original Post
Begginer/Veteran giveaway (and more)
So I remembered that in 2018 there was a thing called "the begginer giveaway", where new players (with an account no older than 4 months) could choose an item from a select few and get it.I participated in that and I got a flower crown.
My suggestion is that we make something like that again for new players and another one for old time players and veterans.
The idea for the begginer giveaway could stay the same, but the "veteran giveaway" (as I like to call it) would have items from old perma banned accounts (like accounts from 2014 to 2017, basically people that will never return to the game and have their items locked behind a perma ban.
This new giveaway would only last a week or two weeks and players above 8th dan or with an account that has more than 1 years could participated and get an item.

I think this would be a good idea because the Toribash community is really small and it would not be a bad thing, and because it would make people happy.

My other idea is too make a compensation for people who invite friends to the game.
Imagine you have a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account, you could get a special link to send to your friends, and that link would redirect them to the Toribash site download page. From the moment they get yellow belt you would get a special code that you could put in the game to get like... 5k TC.
You couldn't bot this because you need to download the game on a different IP for the gift system to work.This would be cool because it would drive more players to this game.
Last edited by Lord; May 8, 2020 at 03:07 PM.
SOU TUGAAAAAAAAAA
Afaik referral system were implemented once and were hardly abused.

About giveaways - this is 50/50. Yeah, I don't like items being buried, but at the same time IMO it will hit the market hard
Ex - Moderator of russian sections
Ex-Event squad defender
Ex-Tori Agents Sentinel
Good idea but the belt shouldn't be a factor; as you mentioned:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
old perma banned accounts (like accounts from 2014 to 2017...players above 8th dan or with an account that has more than 1 years

Date and activity should play into it because if it's just the belt and 1 year you can have accounts with bought Qi from 2019 join in for example. Those don't play into the definition of veteran.

Originally Posted by Lord View Post
You couldn't bot this because you need to download the game on a different IP

VPNs are a thing and they're surprisingly easy to use.

Originally Posted by Guard View Post
it will hit the market hard

Also this even tho I'm not a market person.
EMS (Emergency Medical Services) | PT
não dói joca
Well we could adjust this by making the items untradable somehow or only putting untradable shiai items in the giveaways
SOU TUGAAAAAAAAAA
The beginner giveaway still exists: https://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=631199

As for the proposed "veteran's" giveaway, would that actually help anybody or incentivise them to keep playing? Old players who used to be active are likely to already have items and TC; they don't need new stuff.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by ruby View Post
The beginner giveaway still exists: https://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=631199

As for the proposed "veteran's" giveaway, would that actually help anybody or incentivise them to keep playing? Old players who used to be active are likely to already have items and TC; they don't need new stuff.

The purpose is not make people rich, it is just to take some items from perma banned accounts or accounts that have been inactive for years and put them to good use, by giving them to people that are still playing the game and being the pillars of the community...
For example, I wouldn't mind getting an untradable item from a banned account... It would be something that I would actually use... Or just keep on my inventory as a "trophy"
SOU TUGAAAAAAAAAA
Originally Posted by ruby View Post
What makes you deserve that item?

The fact that this game only exists because of the small community that still plays it... Each person quitting, each person getting banned, each person playing less often is a big thing because the community is really small as I said and everyone knows each other
SOU TUGAAAAAAAAAA