ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Joint textures and joint colors
I make texture sets complete with joint textures, and I just love the endless possibilities. So far, joint textures are slightly affected by the default force and lax colors, and get completely overrun by force and lax item colors. Here's my idea. When someone buys a joint texture, the default or item color should be overrun by the texture, so that the uploaded texture will be shown unaffected.
This would allow someone to buy only as many joint textures as he wants (or can afford), and still have his favorite joint colors on the remainder of the untextured joints.
It may be possible to achieve this presently by editing the item.dat file, but I don't think it would work in multiplayer.
I think as joint textures will continue to rise in popularity, this would help even more to appreciate them to the fullest.
Being able to have only several joint textures and have your favorite force/lax on the rest is something I would love. Being able to have my joint textures completely unaffected even by the default force/lax is something I would greatly appreciate.

Kind regards,

evorocket
Last edited by evo; Mar 18, 2013 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Typo
rock the world, one fight at a time
Now we can see what kind of joints opp already used
please, look at form of ext/contr-ed joint, how it will be looked with texture?
also, some fags will make nude body textures, it isn't good
"float like a butterfly and sting like a bee"
Mohammed Ali
The point of the joint textures wasn't to get rid of colors.
The reason that they're still there is cause you still need to get a matching force/relax color. The only way to really bypass this is to make the joints black.
You're pretty much saying to get rid of the joint colors just because they're getting in the way of your set making :|
~Not Supported
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
one of the items forgers is a good friend of mine, and when i asked him about this it's set this way so that the joint market doesn't collapse. unfortunately i dont think this is being changed soon, if ever

if you want un-tinted joint textures, don't wear a force or use Pure. you can't have one or the other
shmevin eats smegma
Hey all,

thank you for your responses and for sharing your knowledge. Much appreciated.

Please hear me out and let's see if we can make some sense out of this and work it out.

I fail to see how untinted joint textures could collapse the joint market. Each joint texture is 50k, x 20 joints, that's a million tc. It's cheaper just buying the joint colours. Someone would have to buy all the joint textures to imitate any colour.

Plus, I know for a fact that most people would not spend hard earned tc to get "all" the joint textures, but would likely only buy the most important ones, and still wear there favourite force and lax on the remainder of the joints.

This would not affect anyone with no joint textures, and only joints with uploaded textures would bypass the joint colour.

Having said all this, I firmly believe this idea would maximize the use and benefit of joint textures, and since the vast majority of joint texture users would still wear their favourite force and lax, the joint market would continue to operate safe and steady.

Thank you again for your input.

Thank you for considering,

kind regards,

evo
rock the world, one fight at a time