Toribash
Original Post
Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,

Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.

Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
Last edited by duck; Jul 22, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
h
Originally Posted by duck View Post
...you do understand that in that case, the number of played games overall doesn't change, right? They are still playing 75 games, just spread between 5 players instead of 15

And yes, a smaller clan is inherently going to have to have less active players than a larger clan. In the grand scheme of things, and I'm unsure about how you are not understanding this, what matters is how many people play the game, not how many games are played (grand scheme of things being toribash as a game trucking along). Player count is more important than games played, just kinda, universally in games, y'know.

i agree,i just don't see how the players are going to
increase with the way that this is going to be implemented.

Any clan that would want to have full points from ingame
would have to kick their inactive members to drop the
games required,it will still be the same active guys playing
less games.

Also they would not play the same number of games if they had kicked their 25 inactive members

Let's say this clan has 30 members but only 5 active,and they decide to kick 25 inactives so:
A clan has 5 members. We divide by 2, we get 2,5
we take 2,5 multiply by 5,we get 12,5.lets round it up to 13

so the 5 remaining members would have to play 13 games spread between them to get full points
Last edited by nikosefs; Jul 20, 2018 at 06:13 PM.
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
Let's say this clan has 30 members but only 5 active,and they decide to kick 25 inactives so:
A clan has 5 members. We divide by 2, we get 2,5 1. We divided by 2
we take 2,5 multiply by 5,we get 12,5.lets round it up to 13 2. We multiplied by 5
3. We didn't divide by 5 ("divide by active players")
so the 5 remaining members would have to play 13 games spread between them to get full points 4. We arrived at this number but skipped step 3

Also, again, active player count wouldn't change, so it's useless.
ok let me see because perhaps i have misunderstood.

the math that you want to implement is this:

A clan has 30 members. We divide by 2, we get 15.
We take 15 members, multiply by 5 games, we get 75 games.

so we get 75 games that must be played by 15 members

what i propose is

A clan has 30 members. We divide by 2, we get 15.
We take 15 members, multiply by 5 games, we get 75 games.
We divide 75 by x number of active members to see
how those 75 games will spread

the 5 that i said in previous posts and prob confused you was an example
of active members but its the x of each clan,not a fixed number,
and also the members of each clan is not a fixed number,
the only fixed numbers is the 50% of each clan and the 5 games
Last edited by nikosefs; Jul 20, 2018 at 07:02 PM.
It didn't confuse me, there just were 5 active members so you were supposed to divide by 5.

But I still don't understand how you are getting the active members number. What are active members in your equation?
active members to me should be decided by the last game
played,i don't know what you guys consider as inactive,
one month since last game played,less more?

Originally Posted by duck View Post
It didn't confuse me, there just were 5 active members so you were supposed to divide by 5.

i used your math there,so i was not supposed to divide by 5

ok let me see because perhaps i have misunderstood.

the math that you want to implement is this:

A clan has x members. We divide by 2, we get y.
We take y members, multiply by 5 games, we get z games.

so we get z games that must be played by y members

i ask,is this not what you want to implement?
Last edited by nikosefs; Jul 20, 2018 at 07:24 PM.
Active players are players who have played 5+ games in a month's time.

Technically yes, that is the system we are using. You can look at it that way.
ok so what im proposing to add is

A clan has x members. We divide by 2, we get y.
We take y members, multiply by 5 games, we get z games.
We divide z by xx number of active members

where xx would be

Active players are players who have played 5+ games in a month's time
I am utterly lost. What does the last division add to the equation? Let's say

Our math:

50 members
-divided by 2
-multiplied by 5
125 games need to be played because 25 active members (5+ games a month) means that 125 games have been played

Your math:

50 members
-divided by 2
-multiplied by 5
125 games need to be played, but if active member is 5+ games a month, this still means that there have to be 25 active members

You aren't changing anything
how it means there have to be 25 members active since
"Active players are players who have played 5+ games in a month's time"
is a variable,its not a fixed number
Originally Posted by Dare View Post
u said it urself. Im fuckin sleep. U cant force people that are already gone from the game to comeback. Find some other method to get some people in this game.

1. Apparently we can. 18 green clans as of latest check, yellow clans are fairly close to being green. (This is about 4 more green clans then there was before CL is announced, so not much of a change because of that).
2. My jurisdiction is clans. Old checks were fairly easy to pass. Our criteria isn't even hard to pass at all objectively, yet we have clans who can't even play a war or get 50 posts on their clan board in a month

LOLOL. Yall staff are just retarded at this point. Not making an effort to gain more people to join tb, but rather want old players to return.
Y?
what benefit does that do?
Advertise this shit game if you want more people to play. Invest in this game. Holy fuck, how hard is it to understand. Forcing people to play will make them not play. Getting rid of stuff player already enjoy will also kill not make them play. This is the most practical common sense one can see.

1. Again, my jurisdiction is clans. Not advertisement of the game.
2. I don't see how they enjoy it when they barely even use it or see it (board and tags)

If you want more people to play, make a fuckin effort to do so. Instead of yall lazy asses destroying this fuckin game which people enjoy to an extent because of past relationships.

3. This change has yet to destroy the game, and we're rather interested to see how it will, since the player count for these clans has been climbing since the announcement.

And also most smart and intelligent game staff in any fuckin game would see this thread/idea as pointless. ALMOST every single player dislikes this idea expect u staff, because you guys have no other clue on how to grow this game. You want us to play a game which we don't want to play anymore. People have moved on.

Very sensationalist ideas are passed around here. Alarming too. This isn't nowhere as disasterous as people claim, it hasn't been a month since the announcement yet half of the official clans are fully active, 10 clans are fairly close and 13 clans are absolutely barebones active. To give you an idea about the last one, the clan with the highest points in the red category only has 3 members playing and 17 posts in their clan board. That's a dead clan, no matter which way you cut it. And that's the best from that bracket

Just give up on this stupid idea. Just find a new fuckin method on how to grow this game. Bringing past members back to this game is not growing the game.

DO U UNDERSTAND THAT?

1. For the third time, bringing new players into the game is nowhere near me. That's actually Nabi's jurisdiction. Advertisements and all.
2. If more people are playing the game, then more people are playing the game. This was a change to the clan system. Influenced by a whole lot of official clans being basically dead. I'm not a manager of the game, I'm a manager of the clan system. I'd rather have a smaller pool of official clans that are actually active than a bloated list of zombie clans

Clans that people made in the past are what made this game to this point in time in the first place. And also Duck, you realize you wouldn't even be in that position of yours without your past clans. And such clans that helped you up to this point could die.

1. Clans that were important are getting legend status.
2. I feel like people here are acting as if clans were getting killed before, these talking points seem to be coming from a "how dare you remove clans" as if that was an entirely new idea. Not only that, but we, unlike previous clan staff, aren't even killing these clans, your clans stay, they just lose brackets and boards. If those two things break your clan integrity, then there it wasn't tight knit in the first place.

At the end of the fucking day, if this is implemented which is, as you staff said before. More people will leave this game. and your idea of "Player count is more important than games played" would be non existent.

That's not my idea, that's how games work in the world.

-----
how it means there have to be 25 members active since
"Active players are players who have played 5+ games in a month's time"
is a variable,its not a fixed number

If you need to play 125 games to be an active clan, and active members are people who have played 5+ games, then you divide 125 by 5 and get 25, i.e. 25 active members

You are looking at it wrong tho. We don't need 125 games in that scenario, that's just the absolute minimum games played when you consider that to be active you had to have played at least 5 games. It's not some set number in any situation, it's just the result of having 25 active players
Last edited by duck; Jul 20, 2018 at 08:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump