Ranking
Original Post
"Set boxes" for Art
I suggest that we make "Set boxes" in which we could upload our "Art" image sets.

These sets could then easily be activated or deactivated in one click, allowing people to own, and easily use more than one set. These "Set boxes" would make trading "Art" a breeze, because a seller could transfer an entire art set to his buyer as easily as any other item. This would eventually make it possible to trade sets in the "automated" Market page, once a few more functions would be implemented there.
rock the world, one fight at a time
that is not bad but needs testing, you need to see if it can have failures and if it really becomes easier to trade than the normal way.
but yeah if it goes faster than the regular way it can be nice to have it
Originally Posted by kradoxtb View Post
that is not bad but needs testing, you need to see if it can have failures and if it really becomes easier to trade than the normal way.
but yeah if it goes faster than the regular way it can be nice to have it

Yes, I agree. This has to be thought out carefully, and tested. It has to be simple, and effective.

This is just the basic idea.

There could be ways to make this bullet proof, such as having specific slots, pre-named, into which we would upload our texture images, one for each available texture, including body, joints, trails, ground, etc... . This would remove the possibilities of typos, double items, etc...
Possibly a password to the image as well?
Then you must send the password to the buyer of your item,which would be more secure
Are you living the life you really want?
Idea is good at all
But i think this would cost much space on the forum servers.
Some 512x512 sets can have around 10Mbites or even more, and if i got more than 2 or 3 Set Boxes?
o7
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Idea is good at all
But i think this would cost much space on the forum servers.
Some 512x512 sets can have around 10Mbites or even more, and if i got more than 2 or 3 Set Boxes?

I understand your point.
My suggestion of using "set boxes" to contain our art, is mainly to improve how art is managed, transferred, bought, and sold. I doubt many people would actually own and use multiple art sets, so I don't see that as a huge potential problem. Yes, there would be a number of deactivated sets, stored on the servers, waiting to be traded, but this would be within the minority of members.

I think the benefits of implementing this system would outweigh the little extra storage space required to hold the unused sets. Besides, there could easily be a limit to the amount of deactivated sets one could hold.
you know what's funny guys? till now I thought that sets were used for what evo suggested.. anyways, supported
Axé Capoeira!
Originally Posted by trickyleg View Post
you know what's funny guys? till now I thought that sets were used for what evo suggested.. anyways, supported

Hey trickyleg,

thx for supporting. "Sets" as we know them can hold any and all of our present items. And we already know how they are very useful. We would need to create a new kind of set for this purpose, perhaps it could be called an "Art set". The way I see it, when you click to open it to see what's inside, you would see empty slots, one for each available texture. You could then upload your images to the appropriate slot, and they would automatically have the properly spelled name, and would match up with the right texture items in your activated. Nothing else would change. But managing/trading art would become a breeze.

I hope that one day soon, it will be made possible for a potential buyer to preview "Art Sets", on a Tori, in "Free Play" mode. This would even make it possible to sell art texture sets on the "automated" Market.
What is in the box?Image of textures with its corresponding name or texture items inside?
Are you living the life you really want?
Originally Posted by jinmaster View Post
What is in the box?Image of textures with its corresponding name or texture items inside?

Just the image with proper name. This "Art Set" box would essentially be similar to a folder such as is found in the Toribash custom folder. It would allow you to hold the images of sets in your deactivated. You could quickly activate and deactivate these sets, but more importantly, would make it easy to transfer between members, and would facilitate potential buyer previewing, using /dl /lp 0 system.