i think we should increase the cost to like 20k or something
or make requirements for making a clan
like belts or something
the main idea is to make making clans harder
erth made some good points about this so all these points are shit
a monthly or weekly fee.
erth made some good points
and the only thing i am saying a monthly fee
Last edited by scorpionma; Dec 19, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
INB4 14 days ban
It would be great if you needed a certain QI to make a clan but not to join one.
For example, if you needed 1000 QI it would help because then people would have a reason to play more so that they can create a clan and then it would erase all the useless clans that do not follow the rules.
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
It would be great if we could do something about the amount of small, not-so-serious clans. Increasing the cost and QI restriction will do the system well, is what I believe. Maybe a ~3:rd dan QI limit in addition to the 10-20k you already have to pay.
You might think 3:rd dan is unreasonable, but having a high limit is just how it has to work. If we restrict the amount of players who can make a clan, we're decreasing the amount of unofficial clans. Do that and more people will join the different clans, there will be less inactive clans.

For those who want to play in a group without the nessecary requirements, we will add "teams", which would work as our usual groups with no actual 'forum' or tag. No requirements, no cost, no visuals.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
yes qi would be good
and lazors no 3rd dan is not too high its low
but maybe we should add a fee that should be payed every month or something like 5?
INB4 14 days ban
What about people not playing the game yet wishing to take part of the community?

Now by playing the game casually you will gain TC, so no big problem with a high price as TCs are obtainable for anyone in due time; however to gain QI there is really one option; to play the game. (No, I do not see buying QI as a viable option.)

Do we wish to make it impossible for forum dwellers to make clans (form groups and hangouts) together?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
No, money is nothing.
I think 3rd Dan is reasonable or even 2nd Dan because it takes a while to get here..
Take LoL for example, you have to be level 30 to join or create a team, it'll take a while to get there giving you something to play for.

Smog: They'll just need the QI to create one, they can still join other clans..
Last edited by Butler; Nov 6, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
Originally Posted by Butler153 View Post
It would be great if you needed a certain QI to make a clan but not to join one.
For example, if you needed 1000 QI it would help because then people would have a reason to play more so that they can create a clan and then it would erase all the useless clans that do not follow the rules.

What about the people that don't play many games but are experienced and want to make a clan?

Adding any sort of Qi limit on a clan is a very bad idea.
~Not supported
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
They could just join a clan instead of creating one..
Clans should be more of a reward/privilege than something everyone has..
For example, in some games, clans can only be obtained once you get to a certain level..
Originally Posted by Butler153 View Post
They could just join a clan instead of creating one..
Clans should be more of a reward/privilege than something everyone has..
For example, in some games, clans can only be obtained once you get to a certain level..

As far as I recall most people would argue that one of the great things of Toribash is that with the bare minimum, you can compete with the "professionals", however by implementing such a thing we tell people to get lost when it comes to events that our Gamemasters forge by imposing a catch 22; you do not need any premisses to join the events, except adding to the price pot in ways of paying TC; whilst but you need a clan.

This is in an extension a way of saying; You need to be second dan in order to compete.

Is this what we want?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
I am all in for qi restrictions but not as high as 2000 or 3000. Even a brown belt along with 20k to 30k would do the trick. There are still many people wh prefer hanging out on th forums. The brown belt limit ensures that they have enough knowledge of the game to start a clan.
Buying/Selling heads by great artists? Shoot me a PM