Ranking
Original Post
Fix the physics engine!
I really really like toribash, only problem is, it's full of BS.
For example:

In twinswords (the official server), sometimes i try to cut someone in half, and the ghost shows like it works and the move seems logical to me, and my hand breaks off and accelerates until it leaves our atmosphere.
And people just collapse when a chopstick touches 'em... that's kinda problematic.

In aikido, two people grab it's other by the hands, and one guy's wrist is fractured, and the other one isn't... THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE. People grab your pec, and it's fractured. Are we made of marshmallow?! People kick you under your shoulder, and your whole arm is dismembered.

In judo, it's like fighting on the moon, almost no gravity and the tori looks like he is made out of sand.

Oh and another thing about aikido's DQ rules, hips touching the ground for half a second does not disqualify you in real life, I suggest using the spiritwrestling.tbm timed dq, but make it shorter.

The solution to all my other problems is to change the physics engine, but an easier solution would be just to increase the dismemberthreshold and fracturethreshold (whether it'll be globally, on official mods or whatever you decide).

(Oh and just in case you don't know what i'm talking about, PLAY THE GAME.)

Something has to change here.
Originally Posted by PTDBank View Post
Toribash wasn't intended to imitate real life.

So, are you saying toribash was intended to act extremely unreallistically?
If so, then it's just as bad as any other "fighting" game.

I don't have a problem with people doing 3 flips in the air and decapping, that's cool, but stupid things like I listed above, that shouldn't be in toribash.
Welcome to Toribash.
Aikido is fine.
Judo is just luck.
Twinsword is for noobs.
Last edited by Neru; Apr 11, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
⋐⋑
<ishi> 2MEGPOID4ME
Toribash is mostly based on physics and momentum.

If your wrist frac'd, pec frac'd, ect... It all adds up in the numbers factor of the game.

Don't like it?
Dont play.
Simply quit toribash then if you're so intent on finding an oh so realistic fighting game. As PTD said , this game isn't intended to be realistic , i was made to be fun and to give players the ability to do crazy shit . You just need to practice and become a better player at toribash . If you want 100% realism try shutting off your computer and go run around outside..hopefully into a moving car.
~Nigma
Originally Posted by hips View Post
In aikido, two people grab it's other by the hands, and one guy's wrist is fractured, and the other one isn't... THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE. People grab your pec, and it's fractured. Are we made of marshmallow?! People kick you under your shoulder, and your whole arm is dismembered.

If we wanted Aikido to be realistic then it wouldn't be fighting at all - I believe aikido is purely a defensive martial art. If the opponent doesn't attack, then neither does the aikidoka. If the aikidoka attacks, then it's no longer aikido.

In judo, it's like fighting on the moon, almost no gravity and the tori looks like he is made out of sand.

Oh and another thing about aikido's DQ rules, hips touching the ground for half a second does not disqualify you in real life, I suggest using the spiritwrestling.tbm timed dq, but make it shorter.

If we wanna go through this in a simple way, you or anyone else could just make new mods with more realistic settings. Gotta post 'em in the Mods board and host servers with that mod occasionally if you want to have 'em popular.
There already are some realistic mods (unfortunately I can't remember their names - might just go hunting some time), but you could fix the gaps if you wanted. Not sure if they'll be popular since the mods like aikido, judo, wushu (although it's somehow fixed atm), twinswords etc. have been there for ages, since 2007. Some since 2006. Would be silly to change them right now imo.

If "we" wanted to do this the hard way - AKA hampa "fixing" the physics engine - well... I don't know that much about programming, but I believe the short answer would be that it's incredibly stupid. Possibly very, very hard, too. To completely imitate real life, that is.

Firstly, as PTDBank said, Toribash isn't even supposed to be realistic.
As I said in an earlier thread and think it's quoted in someone's signature, you can't exactly call a game realistic where two weird T-posed ragdolls fight each other in the moon gravity (which is the default gravity). Realistic gravity is somewhere between 0 0 -40 and 0 0 -50, but nobody really likes to play with that gravity because it's far too heavy for most players. Feels clunky to play.

Also, the ragdolls are too strong and too weak to be anywhere near realistic at the same time; they can easily do multiple backflips in mid air by jumping with one leg on top of toes and they can lift themselves up with straight legs with their butt almost touching the ground, but they can't... actually, what can't they do? I guess they aren't weak at all.

Well, I could go on and on about how Toribash isn't realistic and it'd be a bit besides the point... Again, Toribash's been like this for around 7 years. Why change it all now? Surely changing the physics engine radically like you suggested would break all the replays in existence. That'd be a greeaat bummer.

(Oh and just in case you don't know what i'm talking about, PLAY THE GAME.)

oh come on, you're making this thread in Toribash forums
glhf

This thread is vert stupid because a player like you should know better, especially if you come from a twinsword game.
As the others said, toribash is not a realistic game. Try to go and decapiate someone with a weak little kick to their head.

~ NOT SUPPORTED
M I N I V A N
Really are you smoking crack! Make your own game, unless your fricking Jesus... Or Rockstar your not going to make a better game than Nabi
Cheap ass steam games,https://www.g2a.com/r/samuel_night