ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Operation: "Want to watch" Assassination
Hello, fellow Anime fanatics! Probably no one remembers me since I've since long gone into hiding while pursuing some personal goals and achievement of my own.

But for now, I'm going to be slowly more active watching anime and catching up on those I wish to do.
If you do remember me, you probably remember I had multiple personal anime weekends in the past; and I'm going to be doing that again, although this time it will be more "Adult".

My anime weekends consisted of Friday(After school back then, and work now), until Sunday normal bedtime standards for following work or school day. So approximately 230 episodes of random animes you all suggested or series I was told to watch. I didn't sleep during that anime marathon as much as I could. And I never did it alone!
If you really knew me, I had a daughter at the time(my niece if you want to be that guy) and she would watch it all with me while she was awake. She loves it and loves everything I show her. Alas, since she went off with her real parent, she hasn't watched anything and I haven't really had the time nor wanted to since the lack of motivation.
So, guess who's coming over for the Christmas? That's right! I paid for a round trip ticket so she could come spend the week with me between the 24th to January 1st. My job gave us the whole week between Christmas to New years off, paid in full so I can use that time to do whatever. And since my little girl is going to be on her way, what better chance would it be to watch anime again like old times?

Currently looking for some recommendations to fill up some more time, if you want to see what I have and have not seen just look at my anime-planet account.
I currently have 18 want to watch animes, totaling with 258 episodes. Doing some simple math, I usually skip all openings after the first episode and never watch endings. Usually 21 minutes per anime, 5418 minutes, or 90.3 hours, or better yet 3.7 days of anime. Currently looking for 5 days of anime to watch so I need another 1.3 days of good animes that you think I'd really like.

I will probably update this post with each anime I watch and finish with a general summary of how I liked it, so you guys can decide if you want to watch them too.

Feel free to leave suggestions of what you think I should watch, or ask any general questions you have about me or my daughter.

G'day to you Anime fans
Didn't know about that, but I find it a really cool thing to do.

You should totally watch Non Non Biyori and Non Non Biyori Repeat.
Wolololololo
i read your long post, now you read mine

not sure if this was a mistake, but I did not see Evangelion on your list e.e
anyway, I recommend the Neon Genesis Evangelion series, The End of Evangelion film,
and The Rebuild of Evangelion film trilogy(tetralogy) .. (in that order)

people always recommend Gintama, and it has its good points, but it's a never-ending
referential comedy with hit-or-miss gags and cheesy Gintoki.. i however will recommend
Sket-Dance which is highly similar to Gintama (the author being a former
assistant to Gintama's author/manga), but idk, i loved the characters a lot more
and found it funnier and less repetitive.. though i would recommend the manga,
but the anime is just as great, it's just that the manga continues and has more
character moments and an emotional conclusion~

with the new sequel announced, you should watch Code Geass before you're
turned off from the series depending if the new anime sucks (which i'm pretty
sure it will), but regardless of that, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and
R2 are still incredibly great

oh, and maybe you should watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes which is an
epic space opera.. though it's kinda old, it is 'epic' in every sense, but thinking
about it now as i'm writing this, it'll probably take up most of your break, and
probably not suitable for your "daughter" in the matter of it being mature and
its genius and intellectual story form requiring a high attention span...

and i don't see Hunter X Hunter (2011) on you list either, that's also a longer series,
but it's definitely one of the best shounen and though it's a little darker than
the more mainstream shounen, especially towards the end, its vibrant colors and
colorful cast feel like a shounen, but its a kinda subverting series of the genre

Kino's Journey is also great and short too (13 episodes)..

and this post is already too long, so let me lightning-round the rest, but even
though i didn't talk about them much doesn't mean they're less worth the watch
as those above~

Bakuman., Beck, Great Teacher Onizuka, Planetes, Maison Ikkoku, Spice and Wolf,
Hajime no Ippo, Fate/Zero, Chihayafuru, Blast of Tempest, Hanasaku Iroha,
Mawaru Penguindrum, NouCome, Working!!, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi,
Nichijou and Kaiba

i know it's a lot, and i probably have a lot more i could recommend, but at least
read their synopsis, also.. i've underlined the ones that might not be suitable
for your "daughter" unless she's a teenager, but you could watch them on
your own regardless
not sure if your list was up to date, but that's what i based my recommendations on
(whether you've watched something or not)
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Raiken ive watched that web series like 15 times lol, it never gets old

And pirate, at work currently but ill sort through them when i get home. Although, Evangelion and code geass has been something that was always on the wall on watching, just never got down to actually watch it. Though ill ptobably add them to my list and go from there. Ill read all the synopsis again, once i get home tonight (also she just turned 8 )
Hacks, love you man

This is a filler for the time being as I'm at work but I will get you a list started.
Anime United
sorry hacks, i'll check out my harddisk and give you some short list
it's all because

i lost my 1tb harddisk with like 70% animos in it
cries
Originally Posted by FMA05 View Post
Hacks, how old is your daughter ?

She just turned 8 a few weeks ago

Originally Posted by Raiken View Post
sorry hacks, i'll check out my harddisk and give you some short list
it's all because

i lost my 1tb harddisk with like 70% animos in it
cries

I know the feeling and pain that comes from losing all your animes you worked so hard to collect :(