Ranking
Original Post
[RPG] Noli Timere Mortem - A tale of modern war
Noli timere mortem
This is a modern war story, with guns and all those cool things.

What be the rules?

Use common sense when playing.
Listen to GM's. We reserve the right to do whatever we see fit, as you should know.
Do not complain about the decisions made by the GM's.
I and the other GM's have all right to remove you if it is needed.

What kind of era is this set in, pray tell?

This is a modern combat setting, so you can expect guns, explosives, rockets, planes, boats, etc. Think Modern Warfare in terms of era. There is one current race, being humans.

Who's in charge?

Primary GM: Nameless
Secondary GM: Enzu
Other GM's: Thorn

The players?

Enzu's Character

Thorn's Character

RayA75's Character

Faint's Character

Them factions?

Currently, we have two different factions. The Anterian and the Mallorean. Their two countries have been peaceful neighbors for 100's of years, but recently, a change in power in Mallorea has signaled an end to this peace. The new Mallorean emperor has his sights set on conquering Anteria and then the surrounding area. He has begun to mobilize his troops, and is amassing his armies for an attack. Anteria, also, is making preperations for the inevitable.

The Malloreans are firm people, with a deep work ethic. They are deadly fighters, because of their strong dedication, although their country is not as far advanced in weaponry as the Anterians are. They are generally light skinned, depending on the area of the country they live in. They have hardset faces, reflecting their attitude towards duty.

The Anterians, on the other hand, are a less strict people, focused on the arts, science, and technology innovation. They are more advanced when it comes to weapons and but less skilled in their use. They are also light skinned, and have generally softer looking faces.

Got a map?
So, how to join?

Write up your char sheet and PM it to me, Thorn, and Enzu. After that, come into the #magnus channel. We'll discuss anything that needs to be discussed, and when we find it suitable, it'll be added, and you'll be able to start playing.

Now, to begin, I'm going to wait for around 8 people to join before starting up.
Last edited by Nameless; Dec 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM.
#Magnus - #Sigma
About a mile away from the Prison in Mallorean.

Caed dials in the Executioner next to the kneeling man.

He sees the men standing around the two in a circle laughing and spitting and throwing things at the kneeling man.

Caed grits his teeth and starts figuring in the distances of various landmarks and finding markers to judge the wind.

He sees the Executioner draw and raise his pistol.

Caed realizes time is of the essence and finishes his calculations and adjusts accordingly and fires.

Boom.
Last edited by Enzu; Dec 2, 2011 at 04:34 AM.
<Vox> meh, you never end up anywhere in computer
<Vox> you are just where ever you are
---------------
<avwave> its always fun to eat a polymorph ring
<avwave> unless you morph into a basilisk in a room full of mirrors
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
Prison in Mallorea

Zakath watches the mans face explode and as blood and guts scatter in every direction. He hears the faint bang, and knows exactly who it was. He smiles a faint smile. He gets free of his ropes within seconds, turning to grab the fallen mans gun and looking for any threats. He sees one man who still seems completely shocked at what has just happened, and fires one shot into his skull. Seeing no further threats, he makes his way to the compound, to regain his weapons. He happens upon the room where they were holding his possessions, and sees a man keeping watch, but his back is turned. He comes up slowly behind the man, and then reaches out, grabs hold of the mans head, and twists sharply. He drops to the ground, making only the slightest sound, his head limp. Zakath regains his possesions, discarding the pistol and grabbing his own. His slings his rifle around his back, and grabs his knife. Lastly, he grabs his radio, leaving it off until he is safely out of the base, and begins to make his way stealthily out of the base, and in the direction that he is sure Caed is.
#Magnus - #Sigma
About a mile away from the Prison in Mallorean.

"Knock Knock."

Caed keeps broadcasting on the predesignated channel that the two men have always used.

"Knock Knock"
---------------
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
Headed away from the prison

"Who's there?"

Zakath responds.

Airbase on the border

"Alright then, Walt, Travis, Charlie, Zachary. One of our Ambassadors was taken by enemy forces last week. We've located him somewhere in this compound." He points to a spot on the map. "We don't know what they plan to do with him, but we'd like to stop whatever it is. We're going to send you four in via chopper, drop you about 3 miles away from destination. You'll enter the compound, locate the Ambassador, and extract him. Now, any questions before I continue?
Last edited by Nameless; Dec 8, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
#Magnus - #Sigma
Airbase
Walt leans against the wall of the briefing room, keeping to himself.
"Have any roles you want the each of us to play?"
Last edited by Ray; Dec 9, 2011 at 10:57 AM.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
About a Mile from the Prison at Mallorean.

"A man with a large rifle that is further then your eye can see."

Caed grins.
---------------
-----------------------
Airbase on the border

Travis gives Walt a questioning look, then returns his attention to the commander.

"Are there are any weak points we should know about? I'm assuming we're going in stealthy."
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Airbase on the border

Zach thinks to himself for a second after Travis speaks.

"I could provide back up from long range distances with my sniper rifle, or go in with you guys, your choice."
Airbase on the border

"To answer your questions in order, No, there are no pre-defined roles for you to be, it will all be up to Charlie. Travis, yes, very stealthy. You will be going in through a mountain pass adjacent to the base. Your chopper will land at a point in that pass, and you will make your way to the enemy encampment from there. There shouldn't be too much trouble with that way. And Zachary, you will be going in with them, of course. You'll also provide cover and such. It all depends on what is needed when you arrive there. We still don't know enough to tell you exactly what is needed, so you'll have to adapt."
#Magnus - #Sigma