Ranking
Original Post
Create Incentive for Veterans to Play
Pretty simple suggestion: there's nothing really appealing out there for people to earn in Toribash once they've hit 20,000 Qi. It's clear that this lack of promotional opportunities for Veteran players has an impact in their activity, or complete lack thereof.

The closest thing custom belts can talk about "achieving" or "earning" in Toribash is of course "God Belt"; however, that small cosmetic change isn't enough because custom belts can simply change their belt name on a whim to "God Belt" without any problem. That, and one three letter word is hardly a consolation for 30,000 more games to be played.

If you're here to agree or disagree that this is in fact an issue, please post. Additionally, this thread could be used to brainstorm suggestions for what exactly would serve as an incentive for Custom Belts to keep playing.

Some "stream of consciousness" suggestions from the top of my head:

1) Exclusive colors for 30,000/40,000/50,000 games played.
2) Custom made 3D Objects for 30k/40k/50k games played.

It's fiscally reasonable to create incentive for players to move on for thousands and thousands more games. The longer they stay here in Toribash, the more likely they'll throw money at the game. And although it'll never happen under the current people who are in charge of this- it'd be leaps and bounds better if these Objects/etc. can't in anyway be purchased or transferred.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Oct 18, 2014 at 01:23 AM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post

1) Exclusive colors for 30,000/40,000/50,000 games played.
2) Custom made 3D Objects for 30k/40k/50k games played.
3) Permanent TC boosters that increases after 20k/30k/40k/50k/etc. games played.

1) Could be done. I would suggest that you can make your own custom colors at 20k, and ever 1k qi you unlock a new color on your wheel. Similar to the concept in the game Rainbow Vegas. Then once you hit 50k qi, you are able to make any color possible.

2) This is definitely doable. A few objects can and should be made for the old players. It only makes sense to reward hard workers with a small token or appreciation. An armband for 20k qi would not be so bad, or if you had something else in mind, pitch the idea.

3) Now, this is a stretch. You out of all people know that adding tc boosters to accounts could pose a problem. Instead of this, we could propose some sort of reward system like you can get tokens towards a certain item. If you are a custom belt, or higher, the only thing you will use the tc for is to sell. Usually you will have most of the stuff you want by those levels.

Overall this is a great idea and without a doubt, it should be implemented. For the 3d items, at every 10k qi after 20k, you should get a different unique 3d item. I fully support this, and it would give me something to strive for instead of aimlessly playing around. It would also be a lot better if these 3d items were not purchasable like the ST ones are now. Supported. You should try to get this idea pushed through.
A hasbeen like the rest
This is an idea I can definitely support, the game has been progressively getting more boring for me ever since I hit custom, and what raaage mentioned with the button to explode your tori, definitely something worth implementing for entertainment purposes.
Custom color....ugh...don't we have joint textures for that?
The fact is that there is almost nothing to get in the game once u go custom. U know how to earn tc so you can buy mostly everything. Mostly, some items are still prety hard to get.
So i've come up with this idea, that won't have any impact on economy or whatever.
Once u get 30k games u should get for free all the textures in the game ( full 512, full 512 joints, icon, etc) BUT these items should have a 30k qi limit, so they can only be traded between +30k qi players. I think 50k games kinda pushes things to far...
This would be somthing to chase for...still a ful 512 joints set is +1kk
and it takes a lot to get 10k more games, like the leap from 10dan to custom, it takes ages.
I think this would deffinately be somthing that everybody would like to have...full customization (all textures available)
Maybe add somthing on 40k and 50k treshold.
At 40k games u could get all full color sets with a 40k qi limit
at 50k u could get all items in the game with a 50k qi limit, or somthing like that. or maybe 3d items and hats etc for 40k and full color sets for 50k. But i think that the textures are more appealing and more people could go as high as 30k games for that, 40k and 50k games is a little to much for normal people...

You are totally right Hax, toribash should take better care of the elders, they keep dissapearing one by one. The kung fu beard was somthing...but most people who got it were no longer playing.
I think this could be implemented, and i think it would turn some heads.
-----
and ofc the explode button
BOOM!!!
Last edited by Insanity; Oct 14, 2014 at 01:12 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
The fact is that there is almost nothing to get in the game once u go custom. U know how to earn tc so you can buy mostly everything. Mostly, some items are still prety hard to get.
So i've come up with this idea, that won't have any impact on economy or whatever.
Once u get 30k games u should get for free all the textures in the game ( full 512, full 512 joints, icon, etc) BUT these items should have a 30k qi limit, so they can only be traded between +30k qi players. I think 50k games kinda pushes things to far...
BOOM!!!

What is the point in this? By the time you have reached 30,000 games you will already have everything (as you said). Why would you want everything again when you cannot even sell it?
This would only benifit those who have 30,000 QI who just noob bashed 100 games a day and are so bad they cannot duel or do other means to earn the TC to purchase full 512 etc.
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
This would be somthing to chase for...still a ful 512 joints set is +1kk
and it takes a lot to get 10k more games, like the leap from 10dan to custom, it takes ages.
I think this would deffinately be somthing that everybody would like to have...full customization (all textures available)
Maybe add somthing on 40k and 50k treshold.
At 40k games u could get all full color sets with a 40k qi limit
at 50k u could get all items in the game with a 50k qi limit, or somthing like that. or maybe 3d items and hats etc for 40k and full color sets for 50k. But i think that the textures are more appealing and more people could go as high as 30k games for that, 40k and 50k games is a little to much for normal people...

You are totally right Hax, toribash should take better care of the elders, they keep dissapearing one by one. The kung fu beard was somthing...but most people who got it were no longer playing.
I think this could be implemented, and i think it would turn some heads.
-----
and ofc the explode button
BOOM!!!

I like what insanity said here. The people who reach out have reached 30k qi could get a free textures but they are qi restricted. When I first started playing I listened more or less to the people with colorful or amazing items. I think many people would be like this and give respect to the elders of this game.
. LETS GET FUCKED UP
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
What is the point in this? By the time you have reached 30,000 games you will already have everything (as you said). Why would you want everything again when you cannot even sell it?
This would only benifit those who have 30,000 QI who just noob bashed 100 games a day and are so bad they cannot duel or do other means to earn the TC to purchase full 512 etc.

idk how many custom belts have 2kk worth of items on them...most never had one million probably...or who would actually keep that ammount of tc in items. It's every kids dream to have cool items. And highbelts can show-off like frost says. It may encurage people to play more. Anyway, it's just one idea.
I, for one, would love a full 512 joints, full 512, 512 ground, icon, full bumpmaps, fpt, dq texture, full gui, full trails, full sounds...I never get to have all these items because i either sell the tc or duel it, or waste it...
Last edited by Insanity; Oct 14, 2014 at 02:43 AM.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
The intent of the suggestion is to give people incentive to play more games / give a crap about playing after hitting custom belt. Giving them items that they had access to (even if they couldn't afford them before) does nothing to solve that. The items need to be something others cannot get by purchasing No-Qi versions of it, and requiring 30k, 40k, 50k, 60k Qi etc etc.

3D Object seems to be the best outlet because we have an entire volunteer staff group dedicated towards creating them, it gives them a large creative license, and it doesn't ruin the existing economy. Without going into detail I'm aware that many items have remained unreleased that have been talented designed and even textured they just haven't been put into market. Slapping some high QI restrictions to those would be a start. Make them cost a bunch of TC if you want and let us sink more TC out of the economy buying them from Torishop? Win win.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Drhax, agree 100%. I am a 10th dan and haven't gotten anything special for 2 years of playing. Toribash needs more... ...stuff. Those options listed are pretty nice. It just feels like this is just too much though. Doubt it will happen.
Last edited by Link; Oct 14, 2014 at 03:19 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
The intent of the suggestion is to give people incentive to play more games / give a crap about playing after hitting custom belt. Giving them items that they had access to (even if they couldn't afford them before) does nothing to solve that. The items need to be something others cannot get by purchasing No-Qi versions of it, and requiring 30k, 40k, 50k, 60k Qi etc etc.

3D Object seems to be the best outlet because we have an entire volunteer staff group dedicated towards creating them, it gives them a large creative license, and it doesn't ruin the existing economy. Without going into detail I'm aware that many items have remained unreleased that have been talented designed and even textured they just haven't been put into market. Slapping some high QI restrictions to those would be a start. Make them cost a bunch of TC if you want and let us sink more TC out of the economy buying them from Torishop? Win win.

If this whole thing were to happen, I have a great 3d item in mind. Wings and horns, or wings and a halo. Color of the items depend on the set you take. This would be a nice 40k qi item. I would rather not have these items available to the general public as well. You have to earn them. If you bought qi, you would be able to get an item, but a totally different one. I have seen very little oldschoolers play, and the ones that do are either staff, or very well known players who show up once a month or so. Why not give back to the people that have been playing this game for so long. In my opinion, this is one of the best suggestions I have seen so far. I assume this whole suggestion is because you care about the community hax, and not the fact that you have over 40k qi ;)? Either way, I support this fully. I would love to see a system like this be implemented. I would actually strive for something.
A hasbeen like the rest
I know this is late to post but I don't think I have seen it suggested yet but I was thinking what about a forum change for example http://gyazo.com/77ae70a280f74e9f200b8ef0661883bc <--That thingy that pops up on your post becomes a different colour for belts after 10th dan and as your belt goes up it changes to a designated colour and say if you got god belt something cooler happened to it or something along those lines. (Sorry this looks good in my head but I'm finding it hard to put it into words)

THE WORM LIVES!
LegGang