Ranking
Original Post
[MUS] i cant find my old thread, but pooki is dead anyway
felt "deep" and "brooding" and wanted to make a 2 spook song considering its halloween month or something

idk

anyway, here you go

posting it here because I'd like cnc, but don't expect me to know what you're talking about without explanation or the dumbing down of terms n' things

im still a rookie
Last edited by Marrez; Oct 13, 2014 at 04:19 AM.
beware
the goblin
i want to know what it would sound like if you made that piano a bit louder and added some reverb/echo/whatever to it d:)
melody wise its actually really good. the only thing i would try to improve is the piano volume but i already mentioned that
i like the continuous string instrument you used (not the background one)
also can i have the .mp3 to this
oh yeah
well of course you can, just enabled downloading

and thankfully i saved the flp for this one so I'll get right on it
beware
the goblin
Yeah, the piano definitely lacked some atmosphere on this one.

I think the brass instruments could do with a bit of toning down, and maybe you could make some alterations to their melody more often to break the repetitiveness.

I think you should have started with a slower melody on the brass, to lead up to the tempo of the piano.

Something fairly unique, I quite like it.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
The chords in the background seemed really off as if they weren't following any scale. I love the feeling of the song but the melodies need some tweaking.
thnk yu

in the midst of me adding on and making more simple video game-y music, i also started/worked on this

the sound i used for the chord/lead/synth whatever you want to label it annoys me and im going to change it but i like my concept so far

also, ambient sounds
also, i need to learn how to layer music
also, i need to earn chord combinations

also
a collab would be cool
beware
the goblin
Originally Posted by Marrez View Post
a collab would be cool

ayy wanna go actually nvm i dont use fruity loops studio
i actually did a thing with the song you posted before this (the one i asked for the mp3) but i didnt upload it because its pointless and barely my work

anyway
am ok with the lightning and rain/white noise intro
that synth sounds retriggered as hell, did you use sylenth for that (sylenth has a retrigger button right?)(thats not a bad or a good thing, i actually like retriggered/old sounding synths. however i think it would sound a bit smoother if you added a tiny bit of attack time to it (this shit right here if you are using sylenth. right now the synth sounds a bit too aggressive imo)
that bassy pad panning left and right in the background sounds awesome great though
that kick sounds like white noise tho what. are you going to make it 8 bit?
curious
oh yeah
ayy lmao when are we gonna start our collab

Anyways yeah I like it when you try something new, but work on your volume equalizing, some things are louder than others in your songs
Originally Posted by Haunter View Post
ayy lmao when are we gonna start our collab

Anyways yeah I like it when you try something new, but work on your volume equalizing, some things are louder than others in your songs

i am soooooo bad at that and that's what i've sort of been practicing

thanks though

we'll start soon enough though. i'm glad to say that i have people to collab with and i'll get to you all in an orderly fashion

also, pusga i lost sylenth when i had it on my other comp

but i'll gladly redownload it

also, it will be now
Last edited by Marrez; Oct 21, 2014 at 05:41 AM.
beware
the goblin