ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Having played 35 games daily (average) for 12 years straight and being the most dedicated user to the game itself sounds pretty legend worthy to me...

yeah that's what I was gonna say
dude has dedication like no other, he deserves some recognition

I nominated him last year, p sure he got turned down
Last edited by ymir; Feb 21, 2020 at 01:47 AM.
ナゲット
legends should be recognizable, too. xbcz is pretty recognizable and everyone knows xbcz for being the first dude to hit one belt + just by playing so much

cant say i have any negative interactions with xbcz either, i remember playing a few nograb qa games w him and it was pretty fun
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
You lot tryna tell me that you don't wish you still enjoyed toribash as much as this guy clearly does?

I'd actually like to know whether or not he still enjoys the game -- I think anyone would struggle after 12 years. Personally, there are a few games that I no longer enjoy but still play to do something I'm good at and see a number go up (namely raiding on Destiny). I wonder if it's a similar thing with xbcz.

That said, if he genuinely still enjoys the game, fair play
-----
Originally Posted by skizz View Post
imagine downplaying a guy that played more games than every toribash player ever for 12 years straight

for having that much dedication to a game i think is inspiring to any new toribash player

I'm not trying to downplay him; his dedication is undoubtedly impressive, but I personally don't think playing a lot of the game is worthy of a legend status, given that -- as far as I know, at least -- the dude hasn't made any significant impact on the community other than being "the one belt guy".

It seems near everyone disagrees with me though, so I'm probably in the wrong.
Last edited by ruby; Feb 21, 2020 at 09:14 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Recognition for playing no-grab aikido consistently for 130k+ games over 12 years? Sure.Legend status? I don't think so. He hasn't had as much of an impact to the game/forum as the people who are already Legends even after playing a butt-tonne of games.
Yes he deserves to get Legend. Cool player with positive attitude and great dedication. Met him sometimes in qa - very nice.

How long has he been the only player with one belt? Just having one belt might not be legend worthy, but being the only player with it... for years... is different. Maybe not enough, and apparently the anonymous council has already ruled against it before.

In his own post he seems to have an ironic appreciation for the arguments against his being legend, that just being a cool player with a positive attitude, etc... isn't enough. Or I'm reading into it too much and he unironically does think that's enough reason to make him legend.
Last edited by DrGonz; Feb 22, 2020 at 05:14 AM.
Originally Posted by Holotor View Post
Recognition for playing no-grab aikido consistently for 130k+ games over 12 years? Sure.Legend status? I don't think so. He hasn't had as much of an impact to the game/forum as the people who are already Legends even after playing a butt-tonne of games.

this. does simply playing the game a lot qualify you to be legend? In my original post here I never said he doesn't deserve recognition for the amount of time he's put in the game. It is impressive someone has played as many games as he did, and I think only he is capable of playing that many games. But saying someone deserves legend for just playing the game a lot and not really making an impact on the game as a whole is a honestly a bit of a stretch. how popular is no-grab aikido? Honestly. I didn't even know it was a thing until a few days ago.
Last edited by Rfifan; Feb 22, 2020 at 07:29 AM.
Originally Posted by ruby View Post
I'm not trying to downplay him; his dedication is undoubtedly impressive, but I personally don't think playing a lot of the game is worthy of a legend status, given that -- as far as I know, at least -- the dude hasn't made any significant impact on the community other than being "the one belt guy".

It seems near everyone disagrees with me though, so I'm probably in the wrong.

i wouldn't say you're in the wrong just because nearly everyone disagrees with you. the only way to know if you're wrong or not is if they actually make him legend or not.
i say yes, you say no, whatever it's just opinions clashing at this point. that being said, both sides have made their points i think so i guess it's up to the council

if he doesn't get legend i really want some way to acknowledge his dedication to the game. i think that's what both sides agree on.
Originally Posted by ruby View Post
the dude hasn't made any significant impact on the community other than being "the one belt guy".

He hasn't had as much of an impact to the game/forum as the people who are already Legends even after playing a butt-tonne of games.

there are people (Plural... More than one...) who got legend for being good at taekkyon
>taekkyon
>legend

his dedication is commendable, imo, and if he really got one belt legitimately before anybody else then that alone is an exclusive feat that deserves some sort of acknowledgement. but thats just my opinoin \m/
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
there are people (Plural... More than one...) who got legend for being good at taekkyon
>taekkyon
>legend

his dedication is commendable, imo, and if he really got one belt legitimately before anybody else then that alone is an exclusive feat that deserves some sort of acknowledgement. but thats just my opinoin \m/

Taekkyon is an easy mod to play, but hard to master. Imsku, Ern and Moop were masters of the mod. I'm assuming you believe all it takes to be a good player in multiplayer is to win - news flash - it isn't.

xbcz is not a skilled player. Sure he's a nice person, played a crazy number of games, but he's average at best at the game from what I've seen. He isn't the pioneer of anything. Recognition in the form of a custom item/colour would be pretty neat, but he does not deserve Legend status just for playing the most number of games.
He isn't the pioneer of anything

He is pioneer of one belt
Ex - Moderator of russian sections
Ex-Event squad defender
Ex-Tori Agents Sentinel