Toribash
Original Post
Create Incentive for Veterans to Play
Pretty simple suggestion: there's nothing really appealing out there for people to earn in Toribash once they've hit 20,000 Qi. It's clear that this lack of promotional opportunities for Veteran players has an impact in their activity, or complete lack thereof.

The closest thing custom belts can talk about "achieving" or "earning" in Toribash is of course "God Belt"; however, that small cosmetic change isn't enough because custom belts can simply change their belt name on a whim to "God Belt" without any problem. That, and one three letter word is hardly a consolation for 30,000 more games to be played.

If you're here to agree or disagree that this is in fact an issue, please post. Additionally, this thread could be used to brainstorm suggestions for what exactly would serve as an incentive for Custom Belts to keep playing.

Some "stream of consciousness" suggestions from the top of my head:

1) Exclusive colors for 30,000/40,000/50,000 games played.
2) Custom made 3D Objects for 30k/40k/50k games played.

It's fiscally reasonable to create incentive for players to move on for thousands and thousands more games. The longer they stay here in Toribash, the more likely they'll throw money at the game. And although it'll never happen under the current people who are in charge of this- it'd be leaps and bounds better if these Objects/etc. can't in anyway be purchased or transferred.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Oct 18, 2014 at 01:23 AM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
In the time it takes to even read through half of this thread the idea could already be implemented. Seriously there is zero reason to not just put a 30,000 Qi, 40,000 Qi, 50,000 Qi, and 60,000 Qi requirement on some of the next colors/hairs/objects coming out all the time and or the ones that are done but just not released.

I'm sure they could do it easily but I think people have agreed in this thread that adding new items is not going to keep or encourage veterans to play. At this point you are practically begging for a new free item as a reward for all the noob bashing you have done.
Last edited by FistofLife; Oct 20, 2014 at 10:23 PM.
Read more carefully fist, these items will not be free or gift. U will have to buy them once u hit the qi limit.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Fist is still right. adding new items wont bring people back. and the market for those items will be very small.
Most people arent that high in qi, and the people who are dont want to play this game.

They wont be like "oh they added an item that takes 30qi, let me start playing the game so i can buy this unnecessary item."
this is the last time im posting on this thread because frankly i feel as tho im being ingnored. I think instead of just giving to the older players we give to the new as well because it will be them that will be most likely to fund the game.

The first prize should come when you first start the game it should be something that is a 1 time only and non-transferable thing (as to not have people making alts to obtain this privilege or item)

Then the next prize should be at 10th dan. after 10th dan there has to be something that can be given to you that can give you a better tie to this game making you want to become a long time member. This prize is most important because in Toribash this is most players 'Mid-life crisis' point, the point in which they decide is it worth it to stick around and play another 10k games to make it to custom.

Then for things after custom look for my most recent post other than this one. anyway thanks i like this idea but i hope the people who actually have some decent sense in them win it out here AKA: anything that does not have TC mentioned in it. it will bankrupt this game to have so much TC in the public with things like betting servers were money gets spread evenly at times.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
I for one, wouldnt play an extra 10k games because of a "non transferable item". Giving people free stuff isnt the way to do it. The only way is to add something more to the game.

When i started the game, i had so much fun losing or winning, didnt matter. It was the new aspect of it, and at this point, i only find enjoyment from making money.

Maybe its just me, but i wouldnt play this game 10k more fights for an item.

(im kind of repeating myself multiple times it feels like on this thread.)
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Read more carefully fist, these items will not be free or gift. U will have to buy them once u hit the qi limit.

Reward for loyalty that you have to pay for makes no sense at all.
"Hey guys we know you played our game a lot, so we've made an item that costs a shitton of TC so that you could buy some TC from us or Jsnuff and then get it!"

Let me explain why adding something that only 20 players will buy is not a "win win".
Having an exclusive color for custom belts and higher isn't good because it will be hardly used both if it's awful or awesome. If it's awful we have custom belts whining and refusing to get it, if it's awesome we get everyone else whining and constantly asking us to sell it for USD (which will eventually end up with us selling these items to anyone, rip exclusiveness).
Having custom belt only objects is way better, but it still requires IFs' work which is a bit harder than making videos on YouTube. Most of the items that are "ready but not released" are dedicated to some theme and there are reasons why they're not public yet. Picking them and giving to custombelts would mean less events with exclusive prizes for the sake of several custom belts who can't live without new stuff. And it will also mean no profit from these items for Nabi.

Seriously, why are you begging for items that hard? I've asked IFs a few days ago if we could have something to reward old players and they were fine with that, but can you wait until it is at least decided whether to make new item(s) or choose something that we already have? It's not like there are more active custom belts now than there were a year ago, and back in those days nobody whined because of not being even more "special".
I still like very much goughys idea. Get some kind of reward at each 1k games after custom belt ( achievement or item or idk, somthing ). This would make people play, because they are geting somewhere. Idk what this could be but i find this a good idea. Maybe make 10 new achievements for 20k to 30k, and 2 new achievements for 30 to 35 and 35 to 40 and them over again from 40 to 50 and 50 to 55 and 55 to 60k games.
And maybe some bigger reward at 30, 40, 50, 60k games.
Or unlock certain stuff, maybe discounts at some items, or new features. If all these ideas could be mixed in a intelligent way i'm pretty sure something cool would come up and expand the game after custom belt.

Sir, toribash is dead after u hit custom belt, there is nothing. I remember i was very excited when i was about to hit master belt and then custom belt and then....blank.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Sir, toribash is dead after u hit custom belt, there is nothing. I remember i was very excited when i was about to hit master belt and then custom belt and then....blank.

Are you serious?

Say belts were totally removed from Toribash, I'd still play the game, the enjoyment does not come from achieving belts.

Even thou you are a custom belt i'm sure there is many aspects you are yet to conquer, such as, sparring, parkour, sp replays, winning forum events and the list goes on.

DrHax specifically saying he is bored of toribash makes me even more frustrated.. There is so many things you are yet to achieve, including all the ones aboves but also things like becoming a good dueler, having a high skill in all mods. Yesterday when I wrote my comment you were in a judofrac room where the majority of players are terrible. If you are bored of toribash maybe start playing some decent players instead of grinding the same noob everyday. I'm sure that would be much more satisfying than a new item that you can boast about.
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
Are you serious?

Say belts were totally removed from Toribash, I'd still play the game, the enjoyment does not come from achieving belts.

same, same

Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
Even thou you are a custom belt i'm sure there is many aspects you are yet to conquer, such as, sparring, parkour, sp replays, winning forum events and the list goes on.

been here done that,

give me more gameplay features to play with as i feel way too limited for far too long already.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Actually seems now there is a 10th dan only tourney in ABD with 12k prize. THat's just awesome but let's fuck off the 25 minuts waiting,it's just silly,here you can't farm with your friends seeing 10th isn't that easy to achiev.