Toribash
Original Post
Hisashi Ouchi is NOT the most radioactive man in history
It is stated in many articles that
Hisashi Ouchi received the highest dose of radiation in history at 17 Sieverts and became the most radioactive man in history.

source 1, an article

I am making this post to prove this statement to be false, with a simple google search I have come to the conclusion that Cecil Kelley is actually the most radioactive man in history.

Everyone says Hisashi received the most lethal dose, yet he survived 83 days.
However Cecil Kelley was reported to have received a MUCH higher concentration of 36 Sieverts, over double Hisashi's dose. Cecil died in less than 48 hours.
A final measurement was taken from Cecil's blood after he passed, it measured 4,900 RAD which equals to 49 Sieverts. Article, Source,RAD to SV

Nobody talks about Cecil Kelley.

Now here is what I have figured out. There is an image of a man who appears to be missing all of his skin that went viral years ago. This image is not Hasashi Ouchi.
It has been thrown into articles about Hisashi to create buzz, and later believed by many to really be Hisashi. Hisashi's hospital stay of 83 days was well documented.
His well documented stay along with the viral image along with article titles stating "worlds most radioactive man!" Were combined to create buzz and generate views.
After a while people believed these articles as 100% truth even on wikipedia.

They are not.

Cecil Kelley is actually the most radioactive man in history.

Prove me wrong

“lillian” Moderated Message:
user infracted for post, this kind of information comes at a cost
Last edited by lillian; Jul 19, 2021 at 04:03 AM.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Well, by golly! That's pretty interesting... and pretty weird. Nice trivia. Peng out of peng.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
ok terty, fun trivia and all, so who is the most toxic person to exist?
Prove me wrong

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
I'm no nuclear physicist so you'll have to bear with me, but isn't there a difference between Gray and Sievert when it comes to absorbed and equivalent doses of radiation?

As in Gray is the amount absorbed, but Sievert is the measured health effect of said absorbed radiation? I think I'm close but not quite right. It's strange since it would seem the numbers in the converter come out the same, but they don't really mean the same thing in every case.

Since in the Wiki regarding Ouchi it mentions he was exposed to 16 Sv, where in the Wiki about Kelley it mentions he was exposed to 36 Gy. The difference in measurement might be important, or at least the cause of the confusion in the media if Ouchi is indeed no the most radioactive man. But then again I think that some units of radiation share similar measurements regardless when it comes to gamma rays and x-rays so it could be it doesn't matter at all.

Best I can come up with at my level of understanding.