Original Post
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Published by: Eidos Interactive
Developed by: Rocksteady Studios
Release Date: Q2 2009 (AU)
Genre: Action
Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PC

Trailer

In Batman: Arkham Asylum the player assumes the role of Batman as he delivers The Joker to Arkham Asylum. There, the imprisoned super-villains have set a trap and an immersive combat gaming experience unfolds. With an original script penned by Emmy Award-winning Batman writer Paul Dini, the game brings the universe of DC Comics' detective to life!

GDC 09 - Invisible Predator Walkthrough

Now for my own words. I was quite surprised when I stumbled upon this trailer, to say the very least. The visuals looked so slick, the animations were so smooth, but then I realized "Owait, its just a trailer". However I was still intrigued by this new approach to the superhero genre. I myself, having played a few hero games, am looking forward to this new take on this genre. It keeps in theme with the gritty and 'dark' vibe that was presented to audiences in 'The Dark Knight'. We are beginning to see a much more realistic side to super heroes..and to be honest, I'm glad we are.

After I watched the Invisible Predator gameplay, my skepticism all but vanished. The graphics are indeed slick, and the animations indeed fluid. I have read a few posts of critique saying that when you hook up to the gargoyle statue you are pretty much invisible, similar to the 'blend' action in Assassin's Creed. But we won't know this for sure until eidos reveals more gameplay footage and hopefully a demo.

Thoughts, impressions and comments...?
Last edited by Yasiou; Apr 10, 2009 at 04:07 AM.
Wow. This game looks incredible. I'm usually not a big fan on games based on movies/super heroes. But this game really gives it a different vibe and realistic feeling. The massive amount of gadgets available seems confusing, but well played. I will have to try it out sometime and come back with some feedback.
Looks pretty good. I like how you have all the tools, such as the liquid explosives and the batarangs (or something, I haven't seen batman cartoons in so long D: ). I hope there's a demo for it, I'd be interested if there was. However, I don't like your face, it bothers me D:
Since when did I become Asian?
Damnit JDawg, why'd you have to post here?

NOW NO ONE WILL POST IN THIS THREAD

YOU RUIN EVERYTHING
Could it be?...

A good game based on a movie/cartoon!? The last one was over ten years ago!
Last edited by lancer_c; Apr 11, 2009 at 04:46 PM.