Toribash
Original Post
PC shutting down.
My PC has been shutting down at random times over the course of the last month. There has been things I've been putting into consideration, including the following:

The age of the PC (8 years)

The fan might be broken (Though I can feel SOME wind being pushed out, but not as powerful as being promising)

About 1.5 GB of game folders (Like Morrowind and console emulators (PS1, SNES, NES, Sega Genesis), Toribash, Revenge of the Sunfish, Vidiot, Cave Story, Minecraft, Facade, etc.)

512 MB RAM (Why do I bring up the RAM? Maybe I use certain programs I'm not aware of that mindfucks it)

A processor that I'm not exactly sure is that efficent (x86 Family 15 Model 79 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2204 Mhz (Pulled straight from the System Information))

2 GB of virtual memory

I need your advice; do I just get a whole new computer, here and now, or do I try and rebuild it?

I'm not saying that my PC is a total piece of crap, though it is. At least I can still play my games and browse the internet. Though to do that, I have to wait five minutes for everything to load.

Any other information needed will be provided at the fullest of my power.
When it started shutting down, I checked it. There was no notable dust to be found.

Overheating is a high chance right now. The motor of the fan might be broken.

But it's also probably the fact that it is pretty old.
I've fixed the computer already, but thanks for the suggestion either way. It WAS overheating all along, and it was way dirtier than I saw at first glimpse.