Ranking
Original Post
Third-party utility competition
Hello everyone.

After an influx of new users (And I hope coders) and a small capital investment from someone, I have decided to hold a competition.

Basically, it's like this. Everyone who wants to participate, donates as much tc as they can spare (any amount is fine), and begins coding...a third-party utility for Toribash. This can be anything.

NOTE: Tell me when you're donating, and when you're participating. You may donate without participating.

For example (What I am working on currently):

http://www.toribash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15253 -- TBMonitor. The logging and services bot for Toribash servers.

And a widget of some sort that shows your current rank, belt, etc easily.

What do I mean by the 'best' one? Well, the most useful. The best thought-out. At the end of the competition, I will make a public poll (or a private if the public one is unfair to you) with all the utilities, and the one with the most votes wins the pot.

Donators so far:

hampa (indirectly so to speak)
Ishi
Slith
Archlurps
SlainVeteran
veb
suomynona

Participants so far:

Jok.
suomynona
SlainVeteran

Pot size: 252,718 toricredits.

The length of the competition is undetermined, and will be determined once we get participants, so we know about how much time everyone needs.

You may participate with as many utilities as you want.

You are allowed to use any programming language you want, however the utility must be third-party. NO Lua scripts.

Note: You may not release the source code during the competition.

If you have any questions about the way to connect to Toribash servers or other such things, feel free to ask me, or hampa, or whoever else knows about it.

Discuss.
Last edited by Jok; Nov 7, 2007 at 07:27 AM.
Well, obviously, all the entries will have a download in the poll, so that people can judge them.

If you mean source code, only if the entrants agree.
Damn, I wish I was a better coder.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
So far, basic idea seems to be, start working whenever you like, and I'll announce a date once we get enough entrants. Meaning you can start working now, even if we only get the number of entrants a month or two from now.

Also, Slain being in this comp is utter win. Kthx.
Pot passed 50k now.

Keep in mind that even if you aren't the best coder around, you can still win if the idea is original, and the implementation is good. Saying "Oh those two are in, I can't win." is just giving up too soon.
I'll donate 200,000 - and continue with mah ToriShop
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Hmm...

I think I'll go off an make my own little thing...

*donates*
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!