ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
How to change the new 4.0 sounds to the old 3.99< ones
Okay, so I see a lot of people complaining about the new sounds sucking, and I tell them to change the file sounds to the old ones.

They usually tell me that they have no idea how to do it, so here is how.

I have compiled all the sounds into one folder, so you don't have to copy and rename them all.

NOTE: If you find out that there is a sound missing, please let me know so I can fix it

1. Download this folder
2. Go to your Toribash 4.0 directory
3. Go to the Data folder
4. There should be the "sounds" folder. You are going to delete that folder and replace it with the one you downloaded, the one named sounds.

NOTE 2: For some reason I couldn't find the breathing sound file, so that will have to stay. Also the reason you will not hear the movement "SWOOOOSH" so frequently anymore is because it's still programmed in the 4.0 way, which is not nearly as often as in 3.99.
Besides that, I think it's fine.

That should be it, have fun with 4.0!
Last edited by pusga; Sep 6, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
oh yeah
Thanks! I will try it now.
Edit: it workds.
And, when i tried it, i realized that Grabbing sound was also removed in 4.0, or that's what i think, im not sure, but that would be a complete error, since that was very useful, but again, thanks for the old sounds.
Last edited by Dimonsix; Sep 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Thanks, bro, your files made Toribash 4.0 less irritant.
"N00b clap works too properly for being called a n00b move."
I took the 3.99 ones and renamed them to match the 4.00 ones, atleast the ones that were different.
There's a chance that I missed some, but I think I got them all.
oh yeah
I'm terrible with computers, can you tell me how to replace the sounds folder with the other sounds folder?
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
You first must know where your toribash directory is. It varies for most people.

After that, you open the "Data" folder and delete the "sounds" folder.

Then you download the new sounds folder from the link in the OP to your desktop (for example).

Then you can copy the sounds folder to the Data folder, replacing the old one.
oh yeah