Ranking
Original Post
Minor TB engine bug.
---Toribash 3.91---

So today, like every day, I had a buggy MP match, but this time I decided to try something. So I went back to SP, and reproduced the move. It bugged exactly like in MP. Reproduced replay is linked

If you do the moves, and space, the foot will go through the leg, that's what you see in the replay and what your compuer predicts in MP. Howver, once you watched it once, if you use R and replay it, you see the the foot not going through the leg. That's what the server predicts and causes the bug, because at the end of the turn the server sends positions not matching with what your computer predicted, leading to glitch & teleportation.

I belive that this bug is causing most of the MP lags, because it often happens with similar situations, but I might be wrong.

Edit : You might have to try more than once for the bug to happen.
Edit 2 : Reproduce like this

Pause at 340.
Press E.
Press space. You see the foot going through the leg.
Press R. You see the foot not going through the leg. Once it has stopped going through the leg, it will never go through it again.
Attached Files
Test3.rpl (11.2 KB, 50 views)
Last edited by vins84; May 22, 2011 at 09:01 PM.
Toriolympics - 2nd place | Fr_Death Leader |ORMO Member |
Alot of the time When you have a punch or kick thats really powerful it will go into Uke/or the opposing players body before doing damage. Most boomhits will do that if you watch them I believe this is whats happening here if you had hit a joint it would been DMed for sure. Its just all about power, you just didnt hit anything important.
<Swyne> <3 Fleip
<3 SWYIE
Originally Posted by floop78 View Post
Alot of the time When you have a punch or kick thats really powerful it will go into Uke/or the opposing players body before doing damage. Most boomhits will do that if you watch them I believe this is whats happening here if you had hit a joint it would been DMed for sure. Its just all about power, you just didnt hit anything important.

Did you understand what I said ?
The bug isn't that it doesn't DM, the bug is that with the same replay, and the same moves, toribash predicts two completely different outcomes.
What I'm seeing on my screen is the foot going through the leg every time, though I've replayed and paused for a few minutes.
Doesn't reproduce for me (Windows, 3.91). I'll point hampa at this thread though.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Try this, it always worked for me :

Pause at 340.
Press E.
Press space. You see the foot going through the leg.
Press R. You see the foot not going through the leg.
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
Doesn't reproduce for me (Windows, 3.91). I'll point hampa at this thread though.

Same here, but I think I know what this is about.

What client are you using?

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by SlipAnc View Post
Same here, but I think I know what this is about.

What client are you using?

Even with what I posted 8 mins ago ?
I'm using 3.91.
im using windows and client 3.91.

i see what he is talking about. if you do exactly as he says, you notice that 1st, the ending is different. (they both lie down in a different way on the ground.) and 2nd, if you replay it the first time, you can see the foot is ''grinding it''. when you stop at 340 press e and then space then r, you can see the whole foot going through.
I discoverd something similuar to this a verry long time ago. when you dm uke or your self by lets say falling from a tall building and lets say you dm both your feets, on the exact frame that you dm on press E Then R, now it won't register that dm.

I can't show any examples since i'm on my phone atm, but i'll sure post some tomorrow.

Thank you.
A true replay maker only knows blood,sweat,tears and glory...ALSO failure, ALOT of failure.
also i sing harshvocals n stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIOUNr_PAM