Toribash
Original Post
Revive Toribash
Toribash needs a revive, all it will take is a superficial update with flashy marketing/advertising, some swagged out videos. and then active moderating on beginner servers to keep out smurfs. with decent marketing and decent moderating 100% this game can get a revive, there is no other game competing against it.

Plz don't let it die slowly as its player base gets older and fades away.
I think we need goals for people to reach that are within possibility and don't require super human efforts or big wallets to obtain.

how we go about getting goals idk :C
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
I do not think the problem lies in the game itself, I don't think its getting stale, I don't think you can blame not many updates. The game is unique and fun but mainly only fun when you are playing with people with similar skill level.

I got a large group of my friends from my teamspeak, playing beginner mods(mostly jousting) and they had a blast.

One tried to play or find something similar in the beginner lobbies but it doesn't exist due to the lobbies not having enough beginners, and having to many alts.

A group of brand new people in a lobby playing together. That's how I started and am sure many of you did too. I could do it with strangers whenever I wanted because there was enough interest being generated by the game, and there was active moderating of the beginner servers. I remember Wolfe (i think that was his username) coming into my servers all the time as a spectator and once in a while I saw him ban alts in the server.

Basically what I'm saying is, we don't need more content, we just need a really good way to generate interest, and we have so many ways to do it, we have people making incredibly cool edits all we need is a label like "NEW TORIBASH 5.0" and create a very intriguing edited trailer for it, put it out there. fuck even if there is nothing new in toribash 5.0 that's not what its about, it just needs to generate enough interest that people fill the beginner lobbies and then we need active moderation in them to keep them beginner lobbies.

And yea I'm basing this off of what I've seen, my friends had fun and some wanted to play more but couldn't have the same experience without fabricating the whole thing ourselves. with me acting as the mod, in our own private server.

I generated interest

I moderated the server

They had fun

They wanted to play more

I fabricated what i'm saying on a small scale, I'm sure it will work in a larger scale.

that's the recipe. I don't have the skills or motivation to make it happen but its right there for anyone who does.

Edit: note about helping new people out, we can help the new people out only so much directly. The best way to help them is to set up an environment where they can help themselves.
Last edited by NUMP; Nov 4, 2016 at 01:01 AM. Reason: note about helping new people out
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I think we need goals for people to reach that are within possibility and don't require super human efforts or big wallets to obtain.

how we go about getting goals idk :C

More achievable and incremental achievements and mroe achievable incremental customisation would go a long way.

I also think daily and weekly 'quests' or challenges could be cool - kind of like how Blizzard's Hearthstone does it.

Could be things like:
Play 15 games in Judo
Perform 3 decaps in TK
Dq 2 opponents with their heads outside the dojo in aikido

You get a new one daily stacking up to 3 challenges queued up for you to do so to get max benefit you can play only once every three days provided you clear them all.

These could provide a tc reward which a customisation price model rework could take into account so that everything works nicely.

It would solve a lot of problems in one fell swoop I think:
More incremental achievement
Incentive to play daily and diversify gameplay
Price structure making customisation achievable early and rarer/better/harder to get the higher you go

Someone feel free to make a thread for the daily/weekly quest/challenge thing here if they want.
Last edited by Solax; Nov 4, 2016 at 02:11 AM.
More achievable and incremental achievements and mroe achievable incremental customisation would go a long way.

I also think daily and weekly 'quests' or challenges could be cool - kind of like how Blizzard's Hearthstone does it.

Could be things like:
Play 15 games in Judo
Perform 3 decaps in TK

You get a new one daily stacking up to 3 challenges queued up for you to do so to get max benefit you can play only once every three days provided you clear them all.

These could provide a tc reward which a customisation price model rework could take into account so that everything works nicely.

Price structure making customisation achievable early and rarer/better/harder to get the higher you go

Solax I think these are incredible ideas and would increase the amount of new players that stay by a huge amount. Without a doubt this idea would retain new players.

but I still stand by the idea we need to generate a player base to retain. for example we bring in 10 players 5 stay, with the game as it stands. with your idea implemented maybe 10 players come and 7 stay.

BUT we still need to bring in the 10 players to keep them here. And not bringing in 10 players at a trickle one a week, 10 players in a relatively short time so they can play and grow together

note all those numbers are just examples, I hope we can bring in more than just 10 players.
I agree with Dare too, the downfall of the ranking system have made a lot of newbies rank farmers, i've saw a truly orange belt with rank 67, and i was like.. how the.. It's really easy to get rank actually, you only matchmake, fight with any opponent and get 2K rank, and if you don't play for 2 or 1 day, you get a lesser rank! I know that because i played one match and got a 2883 rank, after this, i stopped for a day, next day, i was rank 412!

Soo yeah, i really agree with Dare, the old ranking system was 100% better than this new one.
I think a good step would be to make certain items obtainable through achievements. A lot of games already do this to keep people around, and I've always kinda liked the idea. It's a fun way to show off your achievements and it can't do any harm if the items aren't tradeable.
I think I might be retired.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post

Could be things like:
Play 15 games in Judo
Perform 3 decaps in TK

Someone feel free to make a thread for the daily/weekly quest/challenge thing here if they want.

You could do these challenged for ranks or tc, that would get a lot of people coming,

Rank 1 for completing Judo challenges
Rank 1 for completing Rk-mma challenged
etc.
or when you complete a daily or weekly challenge you get tc based on difficulty, maybe have monthly and year challenges for lots of tc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by 3nKB View Post
Make a commercial and launch it.

I have actually been dwelling on that same exact idea for several month's now but it will have to be more then just a commercial but an [Event] For replays, For instance The top replays in specific categories will be featured in the commercial to be premiered globally categories I had in mind we're like...

Categories
*Spars
*Mod making
*Parkours
*uke bash
*mad mans
*etc

But while also introducing the more competitive side to toribash aswell for instance...
Categories
*Striking mods
*Grappling mods
*Clan Wars
*etc
-----
Another idea that I've been sitting on is that we as a community can bea bit more pro-active in helping the revival of toribash is for instance we can ask our favorite youtubers that are known around the gaming community to help us out by giving toribash a shout-out on their channel it would play a big factor in helping the growth of the community getting us some new players because we all know that there is no other game like toribash and it's unique ways so let's see if we can get pro-active and make this happen!!!!

Keep hope alive
-XxKimaXx
Last edited by Alternative; Nov 17, 2016 at 04:09 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by XxKimaXx View Post
I have actually been dwelling on that same exact idea for several month's now but it will have to be more then just a commercial but an [Event] For replays, For instance The top replays in specific categories will be featured in the commercial to be premiered globally categories I had in mind we're like...

Categories
*Spars
*Mod making
*Parkours
*uke bash
*mad mans
*etc

But while also introducing the more competitive side to toribash aswell for instance...
Categories
*Striking mods
*Grappling mods
*Clan Wars
*etc

What's the point of going to the effort of orchestrating an event to pick replays? It's an ad for promotional purposes - seems unnecessary.