ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Textures mods
Hello,

I would like to talk about something : Textures for environments.

I think Toribash could manage at least 4-5 different 128*128 textures that we could put on objects created on mods. Concrete, grass, bricks, etc. I think there are a lot of artists in the Toribash community who would like to do them.

We could have an option to chose if we want to display them or not ingame.

By putting these textures in a Toribash folder we could easily change them to make variations.

I think this is an easy to do idea and could make the general looking better.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Good idea, it will be easy to make object and floors.
But this might not be easy to develop.

~Support
I log in once every 3 years
Doesn't seem like it would be too hard on those with weaker PCs, definitely supported.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
motion tracking would be a hell of a lot easier.

just give us larger ground textures damnit D:<
Originally Posted by Slycooper View Post
motion tracking would be a hell of a lot easier.

just give us larger ground textures damnit D:<

I was thinking about motion tracking too, literally too hard with toribash.

yes please!
but there should be an option to disable it in the general settings like "load environment textures"
i definitly agree with the idea. and it shouldnt be that hard to do.
[06:53]Sissykick: my friend was the hottest drag queen in the group.
Not hard,but needs a lot of work. Finding the exact size of the object + Making textures + Finding the object ID to set the texture to + Some coding to make the textures map into desired shape + Saving everything into 1 folder. And i dont think toribash will even load folders.So unless they make some program for easier technique,it's harder than you think.

not supported.
I don't think adding textures to environment is that hard. Just add a figure to call the texture with the same figure. I didn't talked about shape, I didn't talked about sized textures, only 128*128.

Theres one downside.
Lets say you got this object. Its 9 high, 4 wide, and 15 long.
The texture are gonna get displayed bad, because the hight and width are not the same.

Supported
Come join the [Modding Community]
Originally Posted by NiceKE View Post
Theres one downside.
Lets say you got this object. Its 9 high, 4 wide, and 15 long.
The texture are gonna get displayed bad, because the hight and width are not the same.

Supported

If its a concrete, grass or bricks textures, i don't really see the problem with textures badly displayed, it is still a lot better than no textures at all. Bytheway, i am sure mod makers will start to do correct objects for textures if textures are added.