Ranking
Original Post
Walking Challenge
Walking Challenge

I've been trying to walk all day. I set the mode so I had room in order to try and walk to Uke. After much trial and error, I learned how to walk a distance, but never got to Uke. With that said, I'd like someone to teach me, and I've decided that holding an event with a prize would be the best way to get some good results and challenge the creativity of those on the forum.

I've attached a few replays showing my own attempts at completing the challenge. Perhaps they will help someone come up with a solution.

THE MODE
  • Sambo.tbm
  • 500 Matchframes.
  • 500 Engage Distance.
  • You may use shift+space (1-frame ahead).

THE GOAL
  • Walk your Tori to Uke.
  • Touch Uke with any part of your body.
  • You may not touch the ground with anything but your feet.
  • You may only use the following joints (everything else must be RELAXED):
    • Pecs (Right/Left)
    • Chest
    • Lumbar
    • Abs
    • Gutes (Right/Left)
    • Hips (Right/Left)
    Usage of any other joints is a disqualification. This requirement is to add a challenge to it.
THE SCORING
  • ---Base Points:---
  • Fluidity: 5 - Is the walk graceful?
  • Speed: 5 - Is the walk fast?
  • Gravity: 10 - Does the walk keep your feet on the ground?
  • Maximum Points: 20
    ---Extra Points:---
  • Stopping: 2 - If your Tori remains standing on both feet until the 500th frame, you've earned 2 extra points.
  • Dismember Uke: 4 - If you dismember any part of Uke before the 500th frame, you've earned 4 extra points. Remember the joint restriction rules apply. You may not grab.
  • Maximum Extra Points: 6
THE PRIZES
Forenote: As of right now, I only have 4k TC. I should soon have more, and therefore these prizes are based off of what I hopefully should have. If not, I will attempt to compensate the winners with items with market value equal to the prize.
FIRST PLACE: 10k TC +

SECOND PLACE: 5k TC

THIRD PLACE: 2k TC

SUBMISSIONS
  • Submit replays using the forum uploader and replying to this topic.
  • No limit to amount of submissions. Create as many unique replays as you want. However, you must choose only 2 that you want to have judged.
  • All submissions will be judged by me and only me. This is a one-man project.
  • Tournament ends on Friday, January 29th, at 21:00 (9:00 PM) GMT. That's 16:00 (4:00 PM) Eastern US/CA.

Note: Please let me know if I'm missing anything. This is the first event I've held and I'm not sure if I'm missing something.
Attached Files
Sin-WalkingRoad5.rpl (57.1 KB, 66 views)
Last edited by Sinistah; Jan 27, 2010 at 07:54 PM.
TC sent to Veliar. Still need to get TC to killer3366 then Dragenon.
No one's buying my damn items. It's pretty horrible that the moment I create an event, my buyer stops buying. FML.