Toribash
Original Post
Replay Board Megathreads
Replays board is currently only used for personal replay threads, allowing people to keep a their own little blog of replays to share with community. This is enforced, although there isn't any rule which specifically declares it to be illegal, several are based around this axiom:

Originally Posted by rules are for nerds
4. Do not post your own original replays in another player's thread without visible permission from them. Edits of the OP's replays are permitted unless the OP specifically states otherwise. Also, you may not advertise your own or anyone else's thread in someone else's thread.
(you could argue for others too but those are the most glaring)

9. This forum is for the sharing and critique of your replays so if you want replays for a video you're going to make, then make a thread in Video Submissions, NOT Replays.

However, I (and other staffer guys) think that introducing one or more community megathreads as stickies wouldn't be a bad idea. These threads would allow anyone to share their replay in said thread. The threads would look something like:

[Official][MP] Multiplayer Replay Megathread

The rules of the thread are a debatable point. Should CnC be a prerequisite to submitting a replay? Will there be a time limit before you're allowed to post again in the thread (to prevent flooding from the same 5 guys who just cant resist sharing every single aikido game they ever played)?

My personal proposal would to allow two megathreads: multiplayer and singleplayer. Cnc would be a prereq, and you're not allowed to post more than twice per day in a megathread (although whether enforcing something like that is practical or not ehh).

Whether this should be implemented at all, or how many threads would be optimal (do you want to split parkour replays out of singleplayer? How about giving grappling its own thread as well as striking etc.).

Depending on the response this will be implemented very soon.
Last edited by Fear; Jan 15, 2017 at 03:13 AM.
It isn't enforced as far as i know, it's just what everyone does as it's a very convenient format for a few reasons, namely it's an easy way to catalog their replaymaking route through the times, and it's an easy way for replay viewers to check out what their favourite replay makers have been up to. We usually get rid of threads which have as their sole purpose collecting replays by members of a clan for a clan video or for some reason other than to share them with other people or get comments since they can use their clan board/thread for that, but we don't really demand that every thread be a personal thread (afaik, I haven't been incredibly active so if there was such a case please correct me )
Of course I understand that a lot of people may not know that public threads are allowed since they are a rare sight, so making a few sticky ones sounds like a nice idea.

For reference here is marcus's (once hugely popular) replay thread dedicated to decapitation replays which worked a bit like what you're suggesting. Maybe this could give a vague idea of how a thread like that would go.
We also had a public thread by jisse. It didn't live very long because there was no rule demanding that you comment on other people's replays (in fact there is a rule against it. and also the replays fit for the thread are just not common to come by, people just dumped the weird replays they had made previously and left, myself included.)

Mandatory cnc would be absolutely necessary, otherwise the thread would die off quickly.
I have always liked the idea of public replay threads with obligatory cnc before posting your own replay, that way regardless of how well known you or your thread are you will get some commentary. I'm up for some stickied threads.

I don't know if time limits are necessary, if someone wants to post 5 aikido replays in a day they will have to comment on a 5 replays by other people. Assuming that they aren't bad 3 word comments and they aren't breaking any rules, that doesn't sound like a big problem.
Last edited by pusga; Jan 15, 2017 at 06:19 AM.
oh yeah
Hey hey hey, I just came along this

This seems like a pretty great idea. Individual threads sometimes don't get noticed, and I am pretty certain everyone would look at some of the replays in a megathread from time to time, so it might bring some great replaymakers to light

As pusga suggested, with mandatory cnc this would also be pretty helpful for newer replaymakers.
h
The only issue on making CnC mandatory that I see is you're going to have people just post "it's terrible, get better" or something along those lines.
I also don't know how easy it is the CnC an mp replay like an aikido replay, especially if someone along the lines of diamond posts a replay.
Also the issue of mp replay making, what thread would that go into?
All sounds like a good idea to me apart from the issue with CnC. As well as what Pynt said, my other worry is that the replays forum becomes like the art forum, where it seems like shitty comments are allowed because they imply something which can be changed thus being constructive, whereas people who like the art and just want to say that they like it have their posts deleted because that's not constructive enough. (I haven't been there that recently though so maybe it's got better who knows)

But then again, if some sort of comment isn't enforced, nobody will comment or really even look at eachother's because let's face it most people will just want to show-off their replay and not care enough to go through everyone else's. And then if we just required a comment of any kind then a lot of people will most likely post 1 word responses or such.

Would be great if there was a regular 'replay of the week' where the best replay posted on the thread that week would get added to the first post, which would then be a collection of the best replays. Although that would require someone to volunteer for that job and it sounds like a lot of work and would need someone who knows a thing or 2 about replays. If AssassinPro didn't already have too many jobs then I'd suggest him.

sassy Moderated Message:
any replay lmod can do that

Seems like a hard thing to make work even though it seems like a great idea. Not sure I have any answers. I hope you make it work though
Last edited by AssassinPro; Feb 1, 2017 at 12:52 AM.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave