ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Pure User Text
I've found many user text colors, particularly Pure, but also Pharos, Aurora, and probably a couple other similar ones, to be extremely annoying. Seeing your opponents points is an extremely important part of the game, and taking this away makes it much more difficult to decide how to play. Do you try to dq them or aim for more points?

Yes, you can zoom in really close to see them, but that's not the point. That takes time, which is still a handicap. Therefore, I suggest giving a dark highlight to these text colors. Just a thin outline around each letter or number so that the text can still be the given color, but also be readable. This would end a huge amount of grief that I, and I'm sure others as well, have run into with playing against people who use these text colors.
\o/
If your computer can run them shaders can help with this problem a lot. I do think there should be an outline of sorts on the whiter texts or a way to disable custom user text like you can with flames (and possibly custom ghosts as well).
Pure User Text Overhaul
There are two types of toribashers

the 1% using pure usertext
and the 99% hating pure user text.

and i had the following idea:
to stop pure ut from being an advantage for the user, we should have
outlines on the usertext
as you might know, white text with white outlines is visible on literally every background.

so if that would be possible, the only item in this whole game that gives you an advantage would be as neutral as all the others.

Please consider this idea for the next toribash update. its time to finally balance this game.
evil Führer of Evil
Uh, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I don't use it and I just assume the other guy is winning if he is using a pure usertext. I think using a shader would also fix this issue. But I don't see why it couldn't be a feature.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Please explain how pure user text gives an advantage in gameplay. I've never seen it affect anyone, and it's never affected me.
I think I might be retired.
@Grohenbird:
This is the only invisible color on the default toribash shader.
If you have a pure usertext and you use a shader, you can see who is winning by points at any time.
Your opponent, who probably uses the default shader will never know how much points you have unless he wastes precious reactiontime for rotating the camera to an angle where he/she can see it.

short: you know things your opponent doesnt.
thats an advantage in my eyes.
evil Führer of Evil
Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
@Grohenbird:
This is the only invisible color on the default toribash shader.
If you have a pure usertext and you use a shader, you can see who is winning by points at any time.
Your opponent, who probably uses the default shader will never know how much points you have unless he wastes precious reactiontime for rotating the camera to an angle where he/she can see it.

short: you know things your opponent doesnt.
thats an advantage in my eyes.

couldnt he just do the command /lp 0/1 tori
this will both show the usertitle and avoid the "unknown" points.
kinda unsupported.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
Originally Posted by victortb View Post
couldnt he just do the command /lp 0/1 tori
this will both show the usertitle and avoid the "unknown" points.
kinda unsupported.

defenses like these aren't really valid you know

its like somebody asking buses to run on sundays, and the response being 'just carpool on sundays' - yeah fine the guy still gets to where he needs to go but the thing he wanted is just skirted around completely

I'm not saying this is an urgent change which needs to be done ASAP but i'd also say nobody has posted a real reason for this change not to be implemented
do "Ctrl h" it will pull up a background menu that you can change to make the text easier to see...that is exactly what i do
WANT TO BUY TEXTURE SETS? http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=577000<MoldyRobot> Killer you so sexy i would have a 5 person orgy with you