ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Pure User Text
I've found many user text colors, particularly Pure, but also Pharos, Aurora, and probably a couple other similar ones, to be extremely annoying. Seeing your opponents points is an extremely important part of the game, and taking this away makes it much more difficult to decide how to play. Do you try to dq them or aim for more points?

Yes, you can zoom in really close to see them, but that's not the point. That takes time, which is still a handicap. Therefore, I suggest giving a dark highlight to these text colors. Just a thin outline around each letter or number so that the text can still be the given color, but also be readable. This would end a huge amount of grief that I, and I'm sure others as well, have run into with playing against people who use these text colors.
\o/
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
I'm not saying this is an urgent change which needs to be done ASAP but i'd also say nobody has posted a real reason for this change not to be implemented

There also really isn't a reason to implement it as well.

Everyone needs to remember that both players can't see the Pure User Text, in most cases.

Sure there is a good amount of people complaining about it, however there isn't really an advantage or disadvantage given because of it. As it was always told to me when I was starting to play the game just zoom in quick and check the points on the tori, and that's never really been a big deal to me. Now that I have played the game for years I now use Pure User Text to put myself at a disadvantage because the game is simply to easy for me, and I always check my points for my opponents to tell them what I'm currently at if they ask.

I personally wouldn't be against a change where the Pure User Text is outlined in black. But I don't see it as some necessity that needs to be done because a group of players are to lazy to zoom in quick or change their shader because they feel they are at a disadvantage that is non-existent.

I'd have to say I don't support this idea and it probably won't ever get changed since this has been talked about for years and nothing has happened.
Last edited by Submerge; Sep 16, 2016 at 03:45 AM.
[JollyR] [Ct] |Event Squad| (Au) [xp]
Pill || Calamity || Dropkick || Jere
Originally Posted by Submerge View Post

Everyone needs to remember that both players can't see the Pure User Text, in most cases.

I'd have to say I don't support this idea

ditto
I would like to see a concrete reason as to how it creates a disadvantage when both players cannot see the points unless one has shaders enabled?

I like the discreteness and mysterious effect colors like this have ingame. Having worn pure usertext for the last 4 years I have never had an opponent complain whether dueling,tourney, or anything else that my usertext was the cause of their L.
I play with default settings and I, like my opponent cannot see my points without zooming in or rotating( takes a split second).
This is one of those things that will be complained about a lot for the rest of toribash eternity, but really has no effect on the betterment of the Tori bash Community. Not supported

~Sincerely Kball
[TA]¤[Clan]¤[bncy]¤[eVo]¤[Fish]
¤Team Wushu Tier 5 ¤
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage but laughing at you.".

/lp 0 o

takes 2 seconds to type
seems more valid than completely getting rid of something that has a very easy workaround, and like you said fear, it is a workaround to what they are suggesting but it's less like wanting to ride the bus vs carpooling and more like completely removing an item vs type /lp 0 a or /lp 0 b
pacquiao
Its been suggested to outline the text in black - fairly less drastic than removing the item I'd say.
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
Its been suggested to outline the text in black - fairly less drastic than removing the item I'd say.

Is it really a need for this? Seems like a if it ain't broke why fix it type of situation 🤔🤔
[TA]¤[Clan]¤[bncy]¤[eVo]¤[Fish]
¤Team Wushu Tier 5 ¤
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage but laughing at you.".

So I'm going to try and be as clear as possible as to what I'm trying to say:

Pure/Ivory etc. usertitles are not broken or unfair. They are, however, annoying and a needless waste of time for other users. As such, only good will come of outlining them. This is not an urgent issue, since like I just said this does not give an advantage to anybody - however this does not mean it isn't an issue.
Originally Posted by Submerge View Post

Originally Posted by Submerge
this has been talked about for years and nothing has happened.

Originally Posted by kball View Post
This is one of those things that will be complained about a lot for the rest of toribash eternity

There's your reason for implementation. The community has wanted this changed forever (and will likely always request this change). It's obnoxious and we don't like it and we want it changed. That's reason enough.
Demon.
Changing and giving it an outline is like 1-2 lines of code that could be just added in the next update.

VS.

Making literally every player on this entire game who wants to know a how many points the other player has just so they can know how to play, defensive or offensive is such an inconvenience that every person who isn't using it to play unfair hates it. How could it be a bad thing to put in?

I think these 1-2 lines of code could possibly change the next update entirely and I have wanted this sense like.. 2014.

And so has almost everyone else.

Supported.
Chances are you are looking at one of my videos in the post above anyway, so here is my youtube channel.