ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Pure User Text
I've found many user text colors, particularly Pure, but also Pharos, Aurora, and probably a couple other similar ones, to be extremely annoying. Seeing your opponents points is an extremely important part of the game, and taking this away makes it much more difficult to decide how to play. Do you try to dq them or aim for more points?

Yes, you can zoom in really close to see them, but that's not the point. That takes time, which is still a handicap. Therefore, I suggest giving a dark highlight to these text colors. Just a thin outline around each letter or number so that the text can still be the given color, but also be readable. This would end a huge amount of grief that I, and I'm sure others as well, have run into with playing against people who use these text colors.
\o/
xbcz u dont even use a pure text :<

Actually, i never was annoyed by pure usertexts, but i am sure this will make the game more comfortable. Also i will sure want to use a pure usertext if it will be outlined!

Supported!
I use pure color in custom belt title and I afraid it will be outlined too.
Adding a black outline to "Pure user text"
The pure user text is not readable.
And it is the color of Username & Round Points
Which gives an unfair advantage to the user holding it
because he can simply change his user text color in his "Customs" folder.
But we can't change everyones "Custom" folder.
so they can see the points better than us.

Of course, we can just do ./lp 1 uke every game.
But it gets tiring and annoying.
Making the pure user text slightly darker or giving it an outline to make it readable would keep everything nice and fair.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
No no no. We've been over this before.
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
defenses like these aren't really valid you know

its like somebody asking buses to run on sundays, and the response being 'just carpool on sundays' - yeah fine the guy still gets to where he needs to go but the thing he wanted is just skirted around completely

I'm not saying this is an urgent change which needs to be done ASAP but i'd also say nobody has posted a real reason for this change not to be implemented

From this thread, not long ago.
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
Pure/Ivory etc. usertitles are not broken or unfair. They are, however, annoying and a needless waste of time for other users. As such, only good will come of outlining them. This is not an urgent issue, since like I just said this does not give an advantage to anybody - however this does not mean it isn't an issue.

This thread should be merged with the other and elevated.
Shaders are annoying to play with if you're used to playing with the default.
The reason most people use pure user text is because they want it harder to see, adding an outline would just disregard most people's reason of purchasing it. Not supported, it isnt hard to zoom in and check.
you're on thin ice, pal
The only reason i love toribash is because it's a completely fair game, i love how it's skill based. and it should stay skill based or many players will start disliking it.
Rewarding old players to have an advantage is not helping in any way.
They are already better players and they get advantage only because 1.are very old players
or 2.payed a lot of money.
It takes about 2 seconds off every round, for the opponent.
for a 10 round game, the pure holder gets 20 extra seconds.
It would make sense if the new players had a little advantage.
But I don't see why the old players need help against the new ones.
Last edited by Mafi; Jan 27, 2017 at 09:36 AM.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
To people who are saying its an easy workaround to use /lp or to use a shader:

Many new players dont know how to do these things, this game is daunting enough as it is, having invisible scores that they have to work out that they need to type /lp 0 tori in the middle of a game makes that needlessly more difficult
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.