Ranking
As a +12 TZ user this is my interpretation of the current ES team.

Alexander: Who?

Aliosa: Co ES Lead? Idk.

mattm8r: Held an event after Sparky that one time.

melrose: Lead ES? Idk.

Ponzo: Bets probably.

Primal: Who?

Sparky: Always holding in game events. A little bit of bias here as we are close in TZ.

Succubus: Has some globals, I think I've seen them host in game events before.

Test: What the Test doin'?

Trestet: Streamed worlds.

Wednesday: Who?
Originally Posted by Corey View Post

take that back rn

also do not quote reply corey's post, worst mistake of my life
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
firefox user ?
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
i only really see test succubus ponzo mattm8r and sparky events, for the others they probably just fill their quota and dont host for another month
Hey, I figured I'll give a somewhat decent rundown and explain things from the inside.

So if you don't know yet, I've been the lead of ES for around a year now, and until recently Swosh was my co-lead.

This was already mentioned, but ES is the easiest team to join, but then also people are more prone to get burnt out.

With that in mind, the amount of ES members has always been very big compared to other teams. When management changed we did come to around 8 people at some point, and it was the lowest we went. Keep in mind, the team consists of various talents, we have ES members that focus on modmaking like Aliosa, and run events on forums and client, as well as Trestet, who has been a part of team for ages and always provided when needed, like with World Championships this time around. This also means that not always do we have people actively hosting, and sometimes they focus on other sides of the team. Another aspect of why the team is so big is that everyone has their life, and their priorities, and a bigger number of members ensures that there aren't periods of time where nobody can host.

Sometimes people don't see certain members because they host at various times in the day, timezones and all that.

Here's a rundown on the numbers and general information:

in-game hosting

forum/client activity

I can't really speak for how things were in the past, but I've been around ES in general for 3 years, so I did miss the glory days of some members, but I can say that there is some truth to all comments made in the thread. Some members do stick around, even if their activity is subpar on the outside. There are some examples of members that aren't able to host for extended periods of time because it isn't physically possible, but we always enjoy their company as they always dedicate their available time to host and actively participate. Everyone has their own life, and in the end it's a voluntary position, this isn't work and the main reason some stay in the team even if they are inactive is because they are an integral part of the team.

This thread is very important in my opinion, and I appreciate all the people that came to share their perspective. I don't want to hijack this thread by any means, but I will definitely contribute with sharing my perspective and any other information that could help drive the conversation forward.

Sorry for the long read : P
Last edited by melrose; Apr 27, 2023 at 02:10 AM.
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
As a +12 TZ user this is my interpretation of the current ES team.

Aliosa: Co ES Lead? Idk.

mattm8r: Held an event after Sparky that one time.

melrose: Lead ES? Idk.

Ponzo: Bets probably.

Primal: Who?

Sparky: Always holding in game events. A little bit of bias here as we are close in TZ.

Succubus: Has some globals, I think I've seen them host in game events before.

Test: What the Test doin'?

Trestet: Streamed worlds.

Wednesday: Who?

aha
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot