Toribash
Original Post
Fighting settings.
First idea..
You can set the limit of the points that can be made in one match.
Like.. the first player who gets 10000 points wins.
Or maybe. the unlimited mode. (Better for parkour players)
The owner of the match can end the match anytime he want to.
Thats all for now.
----------
Edit
I think that is not supported but...
Team fight would be interesting too.
2v2 special rooms.
Last edited by surginou; Nov 25, 2014 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Avoid double post
I'm Swining arround in the vagina...,I'm Swining arround in the vagina...! I try to make a princes
For the first one: Wouldn't it be better to use the secondary scoring method? 10k points really isn't that hard to get with the normal one.
It's a sound idea, but really it needs refined & more work/discussion made on it.

As for the second: That would work best if it was only allowed or mods with a trigger setting for win/lose. In the case of parkour there should be an area that is considered the end and reaching it first = win. That's something that can be set in the mod, though the games total frames (currently) dictate the end of the game.
Having an endless turn mode would need to be locked down to mods that use triggers for the winner/loser; which would make it useful for all kinda of different game modes.
There is the downside that there's a limit to how long a replay can be, but once again it's a sound idea on paper.

Discussion required to "develop" the idea further rather than supported posts PLS.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
but really it needs refined & more work/discussion made on it.

What do you mean? First to reach x amount of points wins. It doesn't get more simple than that. Balancing is for the players and mod community.
Score system as well as point trigger value should both be adjustable in the mod settings.
This seems like an easy thing to put in anyway. Worst thing that can happen is that nobody plays it.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
What do you mean? First to reach x amount of points wins. It doesn't get more simple than that. Balancing is for the players and mod community.
Score system as well as point trigger value should both be adjustable in the mod settings.
This seems like an easy thing to put in anyway. Worst thing that can happen is that nobody plays it.

Indeed, but at the same time coaxing people into spending dev time into making something happen requires a bit more of a solid proposal for it. Hence why I said it was a sound idea, and suggested it was tied to the secondary scoring system rather than the standard one; which would give a better staring point for building on it IMO.

For example, would it be made part of the endless mode? In a way that would seem to make sense since that would enforce the XX points to win rule. Would certain ingame flags & rules need excluded - eg self damage which could end up in people winning without actually fighting. Min/max values blah blah.

But as you also pointed out modders would have to balance it, but then people would just make it 1pt win & farm off it. Just that sort of thing.

They're pretty neat ideas but as they stand they need a bit of work done before it can be shoved under people's noses. You know what devs are like, they want a fully fleshed out idea they can add quickly without having to fill in the details themselves.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Indeed, but at the same time coaxing people into spending dev time into making something happen requires a bit more of a solid proposal for it. Hence why I said it was a sound idea, and suggested it was tied to the secondary scoring system rather than the standard one; which would give a better staring point for building on it IMO.

For example, would it be made part of the endless mode? In a way that would seem to make sense since that would enforce the XX points to win rule. Would certain ingame flags & rules need excluded - eg self damage which could end up in people winning without actually fighting. Min/max values blah blah.

But as you also pointed out modders would have to balance it, but then people would just make it 1pt win & farm off it. Just that sort of thing.

They're pretty neat ideas but as they stand they need a bit of work done before it can be shoved under people's noses. You know what devs are like, they want a fully fleshed out idea they can add quickly without having to fill in the details themselves.

Think straight . They will farm anyways , whit or whiteout the limits. Also , nice idea of that area..
I'm Swining arround in the vagina...,I'm Swining arround in the vagina...! I try to make a princes