Toribash
Original Post
Create Incentive for Veterans to Play
Pretty simple suggestion: there's nothing really appealing out there for people to earn in Toribash once they've hit 20,000 Qi. It's clear that this lack of promotional opportunities for Veteran players has an impact in their activity, or complete lack thereof.

The closest thing custom belts can talk about "achieving" or "earning" in Toribash is of course "God Belt"; however, that small cosmetic change isn't enough because custom belts can simply change their belt name on a whim to "God Belt" without any problem. That, and one three letter word is hardly a consolation for 30,000 more games to be played.

If you're here to agree or disagree that this is in fact an issue, please post. Additionally, this thread could be used to brainstorm suggestions for what exactly would serve as an incentive for Custom Belts to keep playing.

Some "stream of consciousness" suggestions from the top of my head:

1) Exclusive colors for 30,000/40,000/50,000 games played.
2) Custom made 3D Objects for 30k/40k/50k games played.

It's fiscally reasonable to create incentive for players to move on for thousands and thousands more games. The longer they stay here in Toribash, the more likely they'll throw money at the game. And although it'll never happen under the current people who are in charge of this- it'd be leaps and bounds better if these Objects/etc. can't in anyway be purchased or transferred.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Oct 18, 2014 at 01:23 AM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Exclusive colors would be nice, but I think it's hard to create a new color that wouldn't look like any of the current colors available (unless they would be allowed to make their own color for their own use after 30k/40k/50k games played). Letting them have their own custom 3d item would be fantastic, considering it as some kind of prize for their efforts in winning more than 30k matches. Of course, as you mentioned, these custom objects shouldn't be purchased or traded with other items.

Definitely supporting this stuff. It always makes me happy to see others getting rewarded for all their hard work and efforts.
Heart of Gold
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post

Some "stream of consciousness" suggestions from the top of my head:

3) Permanent TC boosters that increases after 20k/30k/40k/50k/etc. games played.

I think there should be some incentive for 20k+ Qi to keep playing but i don't agree with your "stream of consciousness" suggestions

1) Meh I guess, but I can't imagine up any Colours that look "cooler" then our current pure, void, demon and other high qi items. I know it sounds crude but.

2) I think the beard was made for this purpose. But that's for oldies so more recent customs (if they exist) would miss out so this could be nice. Maybe just give out a beard to all 30k/40k

3) I just think there would be to much Tc flying around but that's 1000% my opinion, free boosters would turn heads though.

What I would like to see is

•Custom belt lobby's, I would see this as a couple of old friends reminiscing and just chilling out and having fun, the whole point of video games

•An insignia of some sort ingame # would work quite nicely I think

• a list going down of the players with the highest qi

• maybe a green name in the forums

• Legendary handed out to all 50k and above? Not really sure about that one I'm kinda running out of ideas
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin
Originally Posted by d3noth View Post

What I would like to see is

•Custom belt lobby's, I would see this as a couple of old friends reminiscing and just chilling out and having fun, the whole point of video games

•An insignia of some sort ingame # would work quite nicely I think

• a list going down of the players with the highest qi

• maybe a green name in the forums

• Legendary handed out to all 50k and above? Not really sure about that one I'm kinda running out of ideas

1) I dont think there is really a point to that. We got ultimate and nobody goes there anyway.

2) I understand the oldschooler´s "+", that signifies that they have bought the game (I think), but this would just be like "Hey, look at this symbol, it is telling you that this person has played over 20k games, not like you could know that when looking at his belt in-match or with /stats"

3) Eh, maybe? I guess some people would like to see that.

4) As augans said and coupled with point 3) this idea is useless.

5)"Hey look, I am a legend. Why? Well I played 50k games thats why!"
Last edited by duck; Oct 12, 2014 at 02:28 PM.
h
Im no custom belt but I can understand this suggestion.

At least no Tc boosters for qi, then you buy custom belt for 106usd and you got a permanent booster which keeps increasing.

I think special colours would be pretty sexy. There are still some possibilities of colors to add to the game.

Or a little bit more complex suggestion. When you hit 20k qi, you can start the qi list again with the same colors but then shiny. So when you are white belt, you can buy chronos, orc and gladiator. Then when you hit custom belt, you can buy shiny chronos, shiny orc and shiny gladiator.
May would be cool, not sure about snova and other already shiny colors.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Some new items for 30k QI plus would be nice I think and I don't see why anyone would complain.
TC boosters is just bad in my opinion.. if you have played 30,000 games + I'm sure you are good enough to earn TC without 'extra' help from a booster.
Last edited by FistofLife; Oct 12, 2014 at 04:21 PM.
3) Permanent TC boosters that increases after 20k/30k/40k/50k/etc. games played.

1) Nah.
Idk why but I dont like the idea

2) I agree
Custom 3d item sounds cool :O

3) I agree.
Maybe...
20k - 20 TC
30k - 50 TC
40k - 100 TC
50k - 250 TC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Custom made 3D Objects. I personally dont like to see 3D Objects.
Permanent TC boosters sounds good.

Exclusive colors. I would like more to see improved joint textures.
Also maybe replacing qi daily imit by week limit ore removing at all.
i normally think drhax is an uber fag but he is on to something here.

give us custom joints!

why isnt this a thing
Last edited by poop; Oct 12, 2014 at 05:18 PM.
Oldschooler | Evolution
Spars