Toribash
Original Post
Help with crescent lift
Could anyone tell me how to get a crescent lift ready. When noticing in a few videos I see people making a crescent shape (by bending their lumbar and rotating chest) however I cannot get to the point of how they get all the energy into the lift. Can someone help me with this by telling how they do it?
Last edited by RedPanda; Aug 7, 2014 at 03:48 PM.
uhh you will be crucified for using this lift, it is also known as a shovel or if you get lucky you can bend you abs backwards and make a suplex but either way people are going to be angry at you for using this move.
If you must know how to do a good shovel it's not in the chest and lumbar as much as it's how the opponent's weight is shifted if is more to your right then you will form a crescent to your left then as you lift your opponent your body weight will evens out.
All of this assumes you are holding and possibly relaxing your chest and lumbar, if not your body will remain in the artificial cresent shape until you manually change it which doesn't give power as much as it gives your opponent an easy counter.
-----
After saying this i will say i don't support shoveling nor will i ever support it but if you are going to do it don't complain when people get pissed off at you
Last edited by Day; Aug 7, 2014 at 06:08 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
I dont understand how a lift is frowned upon, especially in a mod such as aikidio where thats basically your aim and throw them out of the ring
Originally Posted by jmoran98 View Post
I dont understand how a lift is frowned upon, especially in a mod such as aikidio where thats basically your aim and throw them out of the ring

YES YES PRAISE JESUS YES FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT
Originally Posted by Bullshite View Post
YES YES PRAISE JESUS YES FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT

its frowned upon because that move itself is annoying and OP, if you don't notice the hate then there is something wrong
-----
i strongly advice against it shoveling
Last edited by Day; Aug 7, 2014 at 08:00 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
It's not a choice of noticing people being annoyed its just hard to understand. Lifting someone up to stop most of their stability and throwing them down so they cant recover in time is a method of winning and the fact that it's OP shouldn't ditter but more so make people want to use lifts as a way to win. During a lift the lifter also puts himself in danger as he can become unbalanced and just topple over, all it takes then is the enemy to just raise their shoulders and the other person should fall first. I see no reason for the hate on something thats fair.
Originally Posted by jmoran98 View Post
It's not a choice of noticing people being annoyed its just hard to understand. Lifting someone up to stop most of their stability and throwing them down so they cant recover in time is a method of winning and the fact that it's OP shouldn't ditter but more so make people want to use lifts as a way to win. During a lift the lifter also puts himself in danger as he can become unbalanced and just topple over, all it takes then is the enemy to just raise their shoulders and the other person should fall first. I see no reason for the hate on something thats fair.

that is the thing it's not fair, that is why people hate it, your a low belt so i can understand the confusion but it's a bad strategy that will only result in you losing possible friends, also no one will EVER recruit you to a clan knowing you shovel. clans look for skill shoveling lacks skill
It's not a OP move, it's just basic, and it's easy to avoid and parry.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
the fact you see this as a threat brings me to believe the only reason you were recruited is because you were close friends with the creator, a person that cant counter a basic move clearly doesn't deserve the title of 3rd Dan
You're a smart guy, why don't you apply for the beginner rank in Team Aikido? My members will gladly show you the ropes on how to lift properly and fairly.

You can apply in this thread here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=473745
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu