Ranking
Original Post
Display name history
Display users' name histories/changes on their public profiles, preferably in the Mini Statistics.

Maybe something like this:

Whether or not this can be an optional feature is up for discussion, but if I had to decide, I'd let people choose (via UserCP) to put such "sensitive" information out in the open, just so there's no ranting about invasion of privacy and whatnot.

I'm aware that namechange logs can be dug up in ACP, but it's useful for the regular user to be able to see others' past usernames (no real reason for users not to, anyway).
I recall seeing a suggestion similar to this one in the past, but I wasn't able to find the thread.
Last edited by Slau; Feb 3, 2017 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added prefix
BAD LUCK
Username change
My bad if this has been suggested but I think it'd be handy.

Yea, people get name changes to sometimes do away with their past but at the same time it confuses old players who come back after taking a long break not knowing who their friends are anymore due to name change.

Is there a possibility there can be something like this feature implanted to the forums for people who purchase name change:

X|Twitter: @YRBWrld |-| FB: @YRBWrldFP
Discord: Discord Me
If you were confused on who the person was, couldn't you just PM them and ask? I do like the idea of a shop implemented name changer though, it would make it easier for staff.
it wont happen, because some people purposely do it just so their previous username can be forgotten.

Ain't gonna stop what sinks the tc
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.
I'm completely against this in all honesty.

You're a cool guy deak...but really...trying to bring back what people try to forget?

Lmao But Goat does bring up a good point.
It would be nice if they made a shop implemented name changer.
Would make everything so much faster and less stressful.
Origin For Life
I mean, if you're changing your name so people don't remember you. You must've been a huge dick or something. (Not you, Deak, I mean in General of anyone <3) I don't see the point of why this should not be implemented. If you want to start fresh, make an alternate account or something. It's so damn confusing when people change their names, and everyones confused as fuck.

I like this idea. But yeah, this has been thought of many times, but oh well. It's nice to see it in light again.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
I like that idea. I just think it should be your option if u want your name change history to be either public or private.
I like it too. You can change your nickname on loads of other games that didn't support that option too as I've noticed recently. And that image you've included looks like great idea but I would make it available only for people with ToriPrime and so on. For regural users I would make some sort of "changeboard" on the main page on forums (just like those long announcements you often see by the big exclamination mark) where you'll be noticed who of the people you've messaged lately has changed their name.

Also Chirox's idea is cool too but regardless of this setting you would see which person you've messaged recently changed their name... You know, for the safety of people getting scammed and so on. I don't know if my idea is really useful but I'm just dropping my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
Okay I'm just going to go ahead and point out something here so people will stop shooting this suggestion down for bs reasons.

Saying "What if he's trying to get away from his past, and start a new life.", okay this is a Personal Problem, its a problem for the individual. Its not the community's fault that you acted like a toxic 12-year-old and now have a bad reputation for it. If you want to escape your past then you have to earn the respect of others and have your past overlooked by your present good deeds.

Having a viewable history of your name changes helps "the community" identify you and realize "hey I used to talk to that guy, didn't realize he changed his name". So the reason "what if they don't want you to know because of their past" is a problem for the individual, not the community, and this suggestion is for the community. So stop spouting the same bs argument against this suggestion when it has no actual valid reason for debate.

I'm not trying to offend anyone with this or anything, I just want you all to realize the difference between a suggestion thats for the community, and a suggestion thats for the individual.

P.S. I support this suggestion

P.S.S. Anyone with ToriPrime can see your past post anyways, so even with a namechange, your old identity will be easily found out.
Last edited by Kohta; May 31, 2016 at 08:32 PM.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
Okay I'm just going to go ahead and point out something here so people will stop shooting this suggestion down for bs reasons.

Saying "What if he's trying to get away from his past, and start a new life.", okay this is a Personal Problem, its a problem for the individual. Its not the community's fault that you acted like a toxic 12-year-old and now have a bad reputation for it. If you want to escape your past then you have to earn the respect of others and have your past overlooked by your present good deeds.

Having a viewable history of your name changes helps "the community" identify you and realize "hey I used to talk to that guy, didn't realize he changed his name". So the reason "what if they don't want you to know because of their past" is a problem for the individual, not the community, and this suggestion is for the community. So stop spouting the same bs argument against this suggestion when it has no actual valid reason for debate.

I'm not trying to offend anyone with this or anything, I just want you all to realize the difference between a suggestion thats for the community, and a suggestion thats for the individual.

P.S. I support this suggestion

P.S.S. Anyone with ToriPrime can see your past post anyways, so even with a namechange, your old identity will be easily found out.

You might be right but the individuals who play the game make the community.
And there was alot of other changes I've noticed that were made to ease individual's experience with this game/website.
So, whether they are going to look on this or not, I think it might be useful, regardless if it's change made for "individuals" or the community. I don't think it matters either. But I might be wrong.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
Originally Posted by macho89 View Post
You might be right but the individuals who play the game make the community.
And there was alot of other changes I've noticed that were made to ease individual's experience with this game/website.
So, whether they are going to look on this or not, I think it might be useful, regardless if it's change made for "individuals" or the community. I don't think it matters either. But I might be wrong.

Well you could have a valid point right there, if they were a large part of the community. The individuals that are getting a name change because they acted like a toxic 12 year old are only a very small minority of the community.

So let me simplify this for you. Implement something that will help 90% of the community, or shoot it down to satisfy 10% of the community (keep in mind this 10% caused their own bad reputation in the first place). And no these aren't accurate percentages, I just threw them in there to help you picture it better.

There is always going to be some people that like and don't like an addition to the game, but if there are a larger amount of people that like it, then its fine to put it in.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •