ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Tex] WIP Emo Vector Head or Whatever

Head

Update #1

This is a WIP, I guess. I don't know if the brown hair should be the base, it doesn't look too good. Opinions please. Note this is a WIP, I'm going to add more detail and highlights. I'm also going to add a face.
Last edited by tarektarek; Aug 7, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
I'm back and stuff, it's probably temporary.
The hair looks pretty nice, but it doesn't fit with the brown base as you said, maybe you should keep on doing more and more hair layers, if you know what i mean.
What kind of expression are you planning on making?
It's All About Expansion
Immaculate work. I feel the layers are the wrong colours. I'd say the base needs to be darker, the black and grey need to swap and the current highlight needs to be shaped with smaller shadows on the inside.
"Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork."
Originally Posted by Danzos View Post
The hair looks pretty nice, but it doesn't fit with the brown base as you said, maybe you should keep on doing more and more hair layers, if you know what i mean.
What kind of expression are you planning on making?

The base is now dark grey. I am going to continue making hairlayers, I'm just not finding appropriate, matching colors. As for the expression I'm not quite sure yet. I was thinking of adding wayfarers but I assume they won't look too good on the head.

Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post
Very good work on the hair. It's really good for cartoon style. I'd love to see more of this head.

Thank you, I'm currently working on it.

Originally Posted by Monobi View Post
Immaculate work. I feel the layers are the wrong colours. I'd say the base needs to be darker, the black and grey need to swap and the current highlight needs to be shaped with smaller shadows on the inside.

Thank you. The colors have been switched around to your taste and it actually looks really good. I added shadows to the highlight and I'm pleased with the result. I may be able to post an update pretty soon.

Originally Posted by farid721 View Post
there're some hair that looks cutted, fix that, 9/10

Fixed, also I don't think the head is ready for a rating just yet :p.

Edit: I think I may need help w/ picking out colors.
Last edited by tarektarek; Aug 6, 2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Sex
By far, the most impressive start to an emo head I've ever seen. Keep working on it and fix the kinks mentioned above.

If you do this right, you might provide hope for the emo heads of the future.
Former Item Forger
Ugh I'm stumped at this point. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this head, not a major update. Keep the criticism coming and give more suggestions.

Update #1

Question, are you making this head on a flat surface, and then using GIMP's 3D feature with the "No Lightsource" mode on to make it look like a flat surface?
I bought a subscription to Wibbles so I think this quote is necessary,
"Be careful when gazing into the void, for it gazes back"
Originally Posted by lilmali97 View Post
Question, are you making this head on a flat surface, and then using GIMP's 3D feature with the "No Lightsource" mode on to make it look like a flat surface?

Um, yeah I don't use a light source when I map to sphere.