Toribash
Original Post
[Art] Photography in Turkey

Taken with Canon Rebel T2i with a 18-55mm lens. This was some months ago, but couldn't upload them before now because I didn't have any RAW image converter before now.
Last edited by Ezeth; Aug 9, 2011 at 02:15 PM.
2nd, it has a not very good lighting and I think the camera position is a bit too right, try to move a bit to the left.

4th, uhhh. If this is zoomed, I think you zoomed too much and make the object a bit hard to define. What is that actually? A flower right?

So overall, 8/10
Enigma | Indonesian?
rip aelise, she wil b remembrd
I like the cactus one.
When you gna edit/apply some cool shit to them?
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Nice place to have a vacation. Here are some comments
1. I like how u took the shoot so that the shore is in diagonal, makes things more interesting.
Some things I think could have been better:
White balance seems a bit off in this one,. hard adjusting it in sunset I know - try experimenting in your RAW converter
Sky is overblown, if u made it -2/3 or even a whole stop down u would have retained the nice purple sky highlights. Tho this maybe just me, coz I usually shot with -2/3, I probably like the darker mood.

2. Sky is blue and leaves are green. Lacking a bit in the composition at least for me. At least some clouds would have been nice if not for the semi naked girl bathing in the light on the terrace

3. cool sky, horizon line is a bit off, but I like it. Was this shoot in 18mm? really noticeable barrel distortion - which is ok , but not when the horizon line is distorted in a concave way (maybe me again - but convex is perfectly fine?), unless u are going for that (which I doubt, since if u were than u wouldn't have positioned yourself behind the Baywatch tower). U can fix the distortion in just about any raw converter there is - that said Lightroom ftw - pick your lens from the drop down many and fixes distortions and chroma aberrations for it)

4. don't know what it is but I like it

5. nice, but I think it would have been better if u positioned yourself in front of the snail, or at least less sideways, so that his house (not in focus) was behind his head. I just think it would be more appealing than having a closer out of focus object (or in this case part of object)

6. Cool, maybe if the background was more contrasty to the subject...

I expected to see Turks in pics from Turkey
keep up the good work
Last edited by missuse; Aug 9, 2011 at 03:10 PM.
wishful eyes deceive me
Originally Posted by missuse View Post
Nice place to have a vacation. Here are some comments
1. I like how u took the shoot so that the shore is in diagonal, makes things more interesting.
Some things I think could have been better:
White balance seems a bit off in this one,. hard adjusting it in sunset I know - try experimenting in your RAW converter
Sky is overblown, if u made it -2/3 or even a whole stop down u would have retained the nice purple sky highlights. Tho this maybe just me, coz I usually shot with -2/3, I probably like the darker mood.

2. Sky is blue and leaves are green. Lacking a bit in the composition at least for me. At least some clouds would have been nice if not for the semi naked girl bathing in the light on the terrace

3. cool sky, horizon line is a bit off, but I like it. Was this shoot in 18mm? really noticeable barrel distortion - which is ok , but not when the horizon line is distorted in a concave way (maybe me again - but convex is perfectly fine?), unless u are going for that (which I doubt, since if u were than u wouldn't have positioned yourself behind the Baywatch tower). U can fix the distortion in just about any raw converter there is - that said Lightroom ftw - pick your lens from the drop down many and fixes distortions and chroma aberrations for it)

4. don't know what it is but I like it

5. nice, but I think it would have been better if u positioned yourself in front of the snail, or at least less sideways, so that his house (not in focus) was behind his head. I just think it would be more appealing than having a closer out of focus object (or in this case part of object)

6. Cool, maybe if the background was more contrasty to the subject...

I expected to see Turks in pics from Turkey
keep up the good work

Wow thanks, I appreciate the input. I can see what I can do in the raw converter with the first one. The angle in the first one was caused because I was trying to get the sun out of the camera and in the same time not capture the darkness to the left. I though the reflection line from the mountains in the water would create an interesting background rather than just flat boring water, but when you mention it, it looks fairly diagonal.
Last edited by Ezeth; Aug 9, 2011 at 03:21 PM.
yes u did a good job with the composition:

darker left with the mountain and the reflection
lighter left with the umbrella as a canter point breaking the light
diagonal down with repeating objects
also I get the feeling the umbrella is not casing a shadow but projecting light

really good mood in it

if only the colors were a bit stronger and the dynamic range captured a bit better
it would be a winner.

Sunsets and sunrises make the best photos, pretty much any color is possible

also I suggest reading this: http://www.kenrockwell.com/
I enjoyed it quite a bit
Last edited by missuse; Aug 9, 2011 at 03:30 PM.
wishful eyes deceive me
Quite lovely site this, I'll read some.
I loved this part
In a nutshell, composition is all about Simplification and EXclusion (SEX), then balancing what you've got. Repeat this until you get the strongest, simplest possible image. You can never get too much SEX in photography. Force yourself to think about SEX all the time and keep balancing what you get
I remember criticizing some photography of yours in the past.

1.You caught the sun at the wrong spot in the sky.You should've gotten the shot earlier.
The cool blue shadows totally fuck with the warm sunlight.The chromatic aberrations in that picture are AWFUL.
2/10
Fucking horrible

2.The fuck is that shit?It looks like you camera fell and took that shot.The framing is fucked to shit on that one and it was going to be a boring shot even if you did frame it correctly.
0/10

3.Under exposed and those goddamn color distortions are raping my eye sockets.
holy shit.
0/10

4.Long exposure on a macro shot?
What the fuck were you thinking?
Swatch more colors into your compositions.
1/10

5.How the fuck could you not focus onto a snail.
You had fuck loads of time to do so.
Coarse bokeh as well.
2/10

6.The T2i's image sensor is weak as shit.
and the fact that the shitty lens that you are using just makes the fuzz look like blobs of white,makes it worse.
Shitty bokeh too.
1/10

Overall,you just don't really have the skills necessary to be a good photographer.
Or at least you don't show it.
You don't work with light.
You don't manual focus.

overall.
4/10
Inactive Due to RL Issues.
But I still love [l]. I also love you.
Yeah those old photos you saw was taken at the exact same day, Thanks for the constructive comment, I will try to take smarter pictures in the future. I do use manual focus btw, I just suck at it.

The first photo was taken the second the sun went up from the horizons, so I don't think I could get it any earlier.
Last edited by Ezeth; Aug 9, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
Originally Posted by Swyne View Post
I remember criticizing some photography of yours in the past.

1. ...Fuck, Fuck, Fucking, Fuck,holy Shit, Fuck

Wow, Clam down. I feel not like that. That's terrible with too much "fuck" words in one post is not C&C.

Also, Ezeth. Good job with photography. I like your photography works. I like number one that very beautiful. But number two, not much light and bit dark but it's okay.

7.5/10 Good job.
Last edited by Chris; Aug 9, 2011 at 05:18 PM.
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.