Toribash
Original Post
Mid-game joining
This would be cool if we were able to see what's really happening when we join a room with a fight that's already started, and to see the replay after the match, because this is really buggy. this could be achieved by making the game download and save what happened before, and making it synchronize with the fight. But that would maybe cause a server lag because the game servers should then save all the data of every fight. I'm not a server expert but i'd like to see this feature when i join a game.
Thanks for reading!
That would take up massive amounts of server space and it might cause paople with shitty internet to lag/ping even more.
Not supported.
Way to much lag. This will only cause problems. There's already ping issues for when people join or leave a server here and there.

Not Supported

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
this thread has 3 posts and is already filled with people who don't know what they're talking about.

it would literally be comparable to loading a webpage
You don't actually have to save the fight on the server. It's easy. You take the host or somebody who's been there the whole fight(or most of it). Then, the server copies the data and then brings it over to the client (In this case, the person who joined). I'm assuming that we're all looking at the same game at the same time so piggy backing off even the two fighters shouldn't be a problem anyway.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
You don't actually have to save the fight on the server. It's easy. You take the host or somebody who's been there the whole fight(or most of it). Then, the server copies the data and then brings it over to the client (In this case, the person who joined). I'm assuming that we're all looking at the same game at the same time so piggy backing off even the two fighters shouldn't be a problem anyway.

If GMs are willing to go to the trouble and try and make that work. I don't see why not.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Now, it's not the GM's job to do that. They just work police for free. (Thanks!)

I researched in it, and found that it was one of the things Hampa was trying to do. Maybe we'll see it in 5.0?
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]