Ranking
Original Post
Point System Extension
So how about making an extension kind of thing, don't really know how to put it...

Basically mods will stay the same (abd/rk/etc) but there will be a different point system. Points will kind of act like health levels where you will start with, say, 100,000 points and instead of getting points once you punch/kick someone points will be deduced from the other person. Frames will stay the same but it will create another way to win - to get the other person to 0 points, "knocking [them] out".

Another thing that could be added is if someone gets more than, say, 20,000 or 30,000 points at once, the other person would be unable to move for like 20-50 frames, imitating a knockdown.

I'm not suggesting to make it a main thing, just like an extension sort of thing where the server owner can turn it on/off when they please.

Thoughts?
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan
Let's get one thing out of the way, this isn't meant for grappling mods. I don't think anyone's arguing for that. It's on the other hand huge for striking mods, since it eliminates running as a tactic.

Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
I can not possibly agree with this suggestion the issue is that people use too cheap move and will just only go for points instead of fighting. I do no approve of this. I would not like to see the game ruined anymore than it has been by the players and how they fight. People will just find chep trick and ways to kill you in second frame with points.

People generally go for points in striking mods. I don't know why you think people would suddenly try all sorts of cheap tricks just because of that. And despite the fact that there are many advantages to "cheap tricks" in striking mods, most people play fairly. It's simply more fun that way.
Plus, if combined with the point system, you would have to strike precise and hard to get points, and that's already quite difficult.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Let's get one thing out of the way, this isn't meant for grappling mods. I don't think anyone's arguing for that. It's on the other hand huge for striking mods, since it eliminates running as a tactic.

Yeah for striking mods that is fine in the grapple mods that would be a bad idea

Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
you would have to strike precise and hard to get points, and that's already quite difficult.

It is not that hard to hit someone to be honest though and be accurate.
Last edited by MrMiyagy; Jan 12, 2016 at 09:10 PM.
I can't even think of what "cheap tricks" you could possibly use to get points, outside of different moves in the first turn. I'm not familiar with how easy it is to block a snapkick, but I know for a fact that as long as you're prepared for the possibility it's extremely easy to block a rush kick in lenshu/rk-mma/etc. ESPECIALLY with an additional feature in a new mod of mine named "acroshu1ng" (temporary name for a semi-final release), which is 10 turnframe turns for the first three turns (the rest are 30). A few people have said they love the idea and I wouldn't be surprised if I got a lot of support were I to push for such a feature to be near-standard for striking mods (with an engage distance ~200).

There aren't really any easy shortcuts to get points during the match at all as far as I'm aware.

So... yeah, rip "cheap tricks."

It is not that hard to hit someone to be honest though and be accurate.

I can see you don't play with decent players often lmao
Originally Posted by pouffywall View Post
I'm not familiar with how easy it is to block a snapkick

It is always easy for me, but I'm speaking for the newer players it would be unfair for.

Originally Posted by pouffywall View Post
I can see you don't play with decent players often lmao

Okay that's a lie. I'm just accurate with my hits. Ever hear of that -_- I know it must be new to you.
Well, and then of course we aren't talking about grappling mods anyway. I don't think it'd be as much of a problem as you imagine it would be if the threshold were fair (200,000 points for abd?), but it isn't the goal of the mod set to strike at all and it'd just clutter the meta.

I'm saying that good players know how to block and dodge lmfao. Doggymitsu is someone I've played with that is pretty good at both. You need to have fast and discrete strikes to get a ton past him, I'd imagine that would be especially hard with the new StrikingReborn point distribution. But... that's not the discussion, is it?
This could work in ninjutsu and lenshu, and maybe a runkido variant. I think you need to add a smash brothers esque feature. What I mean is, say you have 300k points (equate it to 300% in smash). You'd need a certain amount of power to "knock someone out" a.k.a trigger the equivalent of an Fwin, the same way you need a certain amount of damage to knock someone off the stage in smash. Honestly you could make a whole new mod off of this concept(which pouffy mentioned).
Last edited by Grim; Jan 13, 2016 at 11:41 AM.
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥