Toribash
Original Post
Realtime Ghost in Public Servers?
title says it.
i think it would make the waiting time less boring and "newcommers" could learn a thing or two seeing other people move.

i dont really see any downsides to it and its pretty simple to do ( some admins / gms already activated it in some servers iirc ) but i think every server should have it.

looking forward to a discussion on this / any downsides to it i dont realize.
[06:53]Sissykick: my friend was the hottest drag queen in the group.
Bad idea
Like this any player will see other player move,
and it sucks, I think nobody wanna let a player learn his move.
if you have in mind permanent servers like blackbelt, public etc. then sure, why not.
on any other it can be set by anyone with op, frankly i thinks it is the best that way.
Last edited by Scorpio; May 17, 2014 at 05:55 PM.
This has been discussed before. It would open up a ton of new teaching abilities. It would also be great for events and for just having plain, fun. Of course, there needs to be an on and off switch. Also, if all versions of toribash had this feature, it would make it so much more usable.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by JookerBB View Post
Bad idea
Like this any player will see other player move,
and it sucks, I think nobody wanna let a player learn his move.

Players can already see your moves.
With this, they will just be able to see them real-time.

I think this is a great idea. I really don't see the downside
in it if it is only in beginner-intermediate servers.
I frankly don't like Real-Time Ghosts because I get bored
watching a match while knowing what is already going to
happen the next turn, but for new players, Real-Time Ghosts
can be helpful and entertaining.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
If the other player can see the opponent's move, every single fight will look like one block . The players will be blocking each other for a whole fight.
Messy idea, unless only spectator and queue could show realtime ghost. Not the opponent.
ToP Fighter!
Try to beat my MINIBASH CHALLENGE!
Originally Posted by pizdu View Post
If the other player can see the opponent's move, every single fight will look like one block . The players will be blocking each other for a whole fight.
Messy idea, unless only spectator and queue could show realtime ghost. Not the opponent.

realtime ghost only applys for people in que.
they are turned on in some rooms when admins / gms activate them ( i guess people asking for it )
i know i activated it in wushu public once when i got OP for it ( gm / admin cant remember who didnt have 4.8 and said he cant activate it, so i got op activated it and got de-op´d afterwards ).
but i think it would be a good thing to have them turned on in every official room.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Aren't they already turned on in the majority of rooms?

only when in spec