Ranking
Original Post
toribash texture maker
hey guys i believe a excellent idea for toribash would be a texture creator along the ideas of the minecraft skin creator,know what i mean?. if so how could it be done anyone with good ideas should help out it would be great even as a add on to toribash that could be sold on steam.
I will become one of the greats,just like buakaw,saenchai and even sparky
While this does seem like a good idea in theory, there are a few hiccups we have to consider:

1: Would there be a preset library of images and text editing, or would you be able to pull images from the internet and slap them on your character?
__A: How would the presets be chosen, and what amount of modification can you do to the image to personalize it?
__B: How would one pull images from a browser and import them to the game?

2: What would this mean for texture makers? If anyone can make a set themselves, a good amount of the community would be out of a job, and at least a third of the cash flow would stop, therefore stagnating the market.

3: Mapping would be an issue, considering a good amount of the surface area of the Tori is hidden from view, and would only show itself if the Tori is dismembered. How would the mapping account for that?
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
hmmmm i see what you mean but choosing images from the internet happen even now
_A:well it is just a idea also u could have an easy system like the editing of textures now owned bye you is forbidden.
_B:hmmm have u used minecraft skin creator i guess it could be like that,all hand forged so really it would be a new way of making textures that could be of any standard but only the adept artists could make it truly amazing...however importing images from gimp or photoshop are used now so if people are making textures like that, a texture creator could be for the new players to get into toribash.

also sorry hawkesnightmare i am not a elite at this stuff and focus on study at school so i do not have alot of knowledge about this
-----
also it is only an idea so hiccups are to be expected more so from me i am only 15
Last edited by wabuzz; May 29, 2014 at 03:33 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I understand. My main issue is with point 2 of my argument, as a texture marketeer. If a system like this was made to be easy to use, sets that would be considered "high quality" now would then be not worth as much if someone could just c/p some images onto their character and it all maps perfectly.

In answer to your Minecraft skin maker, I have used a skin making software that is just a template that you can draw on, and then it maps the images onto the correct parts of your character. I assume you're talking about having a blank 3D character to draw on, rather than a flat that then maps to 3D.

There is also third party software called MudBox that some texture makers use to make sure their textures map correctly. You can make a 3D model of a Tori and then "paint" on images, which you can turn into a flat image that you can cut up and then upload on the forums.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
thanks man
-----
but then again what is the point in using mudbox if it is going to cost u 500 dollars odd many people would not be able to afford it i have yet to find a free mudbox software as well
Last edited by wabuzz; May 30, 2014 at 03:20 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump