ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Wizard's anime/manga review
Going to be writing some reviews for anime I watch from now on.

Currently watching:
  • Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen
  • Tonikaku Kawaii
  • 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatte Iru
  • Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Gou
  • Kamisama ni Natta hi
  • Oresuki
Currently reading:
  • Kanojo, Okarishimasu
  • Real mo Tamaniwa wo Tsuku
  • Horimiya
Finished
  • God of High School - 5/10
  • Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha - 7/10
  • Clannad - 9/10
  • Clannad: After Story - 9.5/10
Please stay tuned as I work on my reviews
Last edited by wizard; Oct 8, 2020 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Finished After Story

(im)

ok bby luv u
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
event squad - event artist
need help? pm me.
village idiot
Finished Clannad last night.

First off, OST fucking slaps. Clannad: 05.Nagisa simply hits you with feels even if you've never seen the show.

Overall it was rather enjoyable. The first few episodes were rather slow, I remember trying to watch clannad years ago and couldn't make it past episode 3. I personally wasn't a fan of Fuko's arc, it just wasn't that interesting to me. Near the end it was more interesting with the realization that Fuko's sister (forgot her name) wasn't able to see Fuko. I'm rather disappointed that everyone forgot about Fuko in the end and even when she shows up ocassionally, it's always the same reaction of "Who is it? I've no idea but I feel like I almost remembered something.". Hopefully something is done with this is in After Story, otherwise what's the point? The whole Fuko thing overall just confuses me, why can't anyone see her? Is it because she's in a coma and some anime magic is happening that allowed Nagisa and Tomoya build a relationship with her? No idea, it's weird.

Moving onto Kotomi's arc, it was pretty good. The show got me really frusttrated with Tomoya's character when Kotomi holed herself up in her room. I'm still not really sure why Tomoya just didn't check up on her, but the conclusion of the arc with everyone being able to celebrate Kotomi's birthday and Kotomi's closure with her parents was nice. Again, I'm confused as to why main characters are so forgetful in this show. How did Tomoya forget that he was friends with Kotomi when they were younger? This man lowkey has dementia.

As the Kotomi arc closed, I was starting to feel that I was really disappointed with how seemingly little progress has been made between Nagisa and Tomoya. The end of volume 2 scratched that itch. Looking back, the pacing of the show was rather nice, considering the two arcs that the Nagisa and Tomoya went through together, building and strengthening their relationship as they learn to trust each other and to work for each other. As their relationship strengthened, it was also nice to see how each of their characters started changing. It seems as though that through getting to know each other, each of their own weaknesses were improved; Tomoya's being his relationship with his father and generally having an attitude that he didn't care about anything. Nagisa's being that she had a severe lack of self-confidence in the beginning of the show, which was slowly built up as she endured Tomoya's ridiculing and teasing as the show progressed.

Anyways, these are just my initial thoughts after finishing the show. I can't wait to start After Story and hopefully finish it in the next few days. Feel free to comment on any of my observations.

(im)

Wtf man Fuko arc absolutely destroyed me
That's just me though, I just accepted that the supernatural thing where "everyone can see her but she's actually not there" as a thing

When's The Great Pretender and Uzumaki review gonna come out?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm your top tier waifu.
Visit my panda thread!
I'm also Event Squad! Slide into my DMs for questions!
Pssst! Aeon is just boomer Adventure. Pass it on.
Haven't watched The Great Pretender yet
Gonna have to reread Uzumaki to write a review, but have a placeholder review: It's great

@Fuko arc: I guess I never really felt attached to Fuko as a character, I was much more intrigued with Nagisa and Tomoya's relationship

(im)

Oh boy you're probably gonna enjoy After Story!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm your top tier waifu.
Visit my panda thread!
KIMI DAKE WOOOOOO

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm your top tier waifu.
Visit my panda thread!
Can you rate out of ten for every anime you've watched?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Indonesian? | Magical Mode!
Chronoptic energy bursts from one plane to the other, evaporating anything it touches.

Every anime? Might take a while since I haven't been keeping up with MAL, but I can try tomorrow. Also, just finished clannad after story. I liked it very much and will write more later.

(im)