ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
The difference between......
How do I know which graphics card is faster? So I would be sure what to buy.
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.
The 2 main things to look at
CPU speed
And RAM size
There is a lot of graphics card that have have lots w memory (ram) but low CPU speed
This makes shitty graphics card
And (not always)
Good graphics cards often have good fans and good decoration
-----
Found this
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/graphics-card3.htm
Last edited by scorpionma; Feb 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
INB4 14 days ban
Originally Posted by KooopeR View Post
The clock speed
vram
550ti is a sweet card, you should try it

my 2 y/o gtx 580 is annoying me these days and you suggest people to get a more then than outdated gpu?...

i'd say wait for another year to see what specs new console games are pushing for and buy something close to it. but surely multi core gpu.

if you are ended up in situation where your gpu is somewhere from gtx 200-500 series, you might consider to get something descent. surely something from 700 product line instead of buying cheap shit and replacing it each year.
Last edited by snake; Apr 8, 2014 at 01:56 PM.
Originally Posted by snake View Post
my 2 y/o gtx 580 is annoying me these days and you suggest people to get a more then than outdated gpu?...

i'd say wait for another year to see what specs new console games are pushing for and buy something close to it. but surely multi core gpu.

if you are ended up in situation where your gpu is somewhere from gtx 200-500 series, you might consider to get something descent. surely something from 700 product line instead of buying cheap shit and replacing it each year.

All gpu are multicore. Most have a few hundreds, some a few thousand.

I'm still running a GTX280, it still hits ultras and very highs. Thanks to consoles games have stagnated for a long time, and because so many computer users have let their hardware go outdated, now games have to cater to them. It's a great reciprocal situation where very old hardware runs new games fine.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
All gpu are multicore. Most have a few hundreds, some a few thousand.

my bad, i ment GPU

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
I'm still running a GTX280, it still hits ultras and very highs. Thanks to consoles games have stagnated for a long time, and because so many computer users have let their hardware go outdated, now games have to cater to them. It's a great reciprocal situation where very old hardware runs new games fine.

you sound like it's not a bad thing
Originally Posted by snake View Post
you sound like it's not a bad thing

Well it means that games have to be made to run on low specs (bad), but it means I don't have to spend money (good).
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Yo i maxed out cod bo2 ac4 with the 550
it runs smooth with out over clocking
With the gtx 580 you can max out crysis 3 :d
-----
Still 550 worth the price

But you can also get a 59XXHD series too if you like ati
Last edited by KooopeR; Apr 8, 2014 at 07:03 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Dead...